Please welcome SimonR to PGT

Nice car, is that a roof aerial?
They are a rare option, no? ;)
Hello everyone, thank you for the kind welcome!

Some of you know me from another forum, but a short intro for the rest of you.

Sorry for being a Simon, simple as that..

Woppum, not sure how I could define my usp, but probably there is just not another one like me.

I am pretty much a just a petrolhead like most on here, with a particular passion for old Porsches and Group B cars, RS200 in particular. I attend many trackdays each year, not as a driver but supporting others. That is part of my work, which I am not on here to promote. (Toby, pretty much the only place for the bushes is Porsche at the moment, there are some variations for Cup cars and I understand Elephant racing have been looking at them, not sure if it went anywhere(

My own car is a 1970 911 2.2E, bought for me as a complete basket case by Mrs R, which then took 8 years to restore, every nut and bolt. The only thing not done by me and the couple of mates I blagged in was the paint. It sadly does not get used enough, but brings a smile every time I drive it!

Look forward to enjoying your company, here's a couple of pics of my car, on it own and with a few friendsView attachment 169568View attachment 169564
Thanks Simon, I shall try the main stealers for a price.

Is there a good place online to look up exact parts for Porsches as I imagine I'll not visit a dealer 50 miles away to pick up a couple of bushes. Looks like a job for over Christmas on the drive or in my garage.

Is there a good place online to look up exact parts for Porsches as I imagine I'll not visit a dealer 50 miles away to pick up a couple of bushes. Looks like a job for over Christmas on the drive or in my garage.

Design 911

Rose Passion
New spare parts for Porsche - Accessories - Rose Passion & Automotion

Again thanks for the welcome!

The roof aerial is not standard or an option, however there was a hole from a previous owner! Rather than risk wrinkles by welding it shut, it got an aerial!

There is lots of non standard bits around the car, driven in part from what I had and also from what I wanted to spend. It is genuinely unique, without being in your face. It was in such a state when I got it, it was a blank canvas to restore as I wanted. Colour is original however, Conda Green, very slightly different to the more common Viper green.

Again thanks for the welcome!

The roof aerial is not standard or an option, however there was a hole from a previous owner! Rather than risk wrinkles by welding it shut, it got an aerial!

There is lots of non standard bits around the car, driven in part from what I had and also from what I wanted to spend. It is genuinely unique, without being in your face. It was in such a state when I got it, it was a blank canvas to restore as I wanted. Colour is original however, Conda Green, very slightly different to the more common Viper green.
Sorry Simon late to this thread & welcome.

Car looks lovely

Back