Ninemeister Carbon LSD

Ninemeister

Ninemeister Carbon LSD is far superior to any Porsche motorsport LSD in performance and longevity.A couple of examples for testimates to this would be Daz and Baf in there cars.Applications are currently available for all G50 porsche Vehicles which include 1989 3.2 Carrera,964,993,996,997,968. cost of the units supplied is £1195+vat inc P&P.Also available upon request a range of BMW,Lotus and some japanese marques developed through our partner.
Please see below for some technical specifications on the units.

More than twice the differential lock strength of metal LSDs

High carbon friction material increases the coefficient of friction

Friction coefficient of metal plate in oil: 0.05 ~ 0.15

Friction coefficient of carbon plate in oil: 0.25 ~ 0.35

Low initial drag resistance with reliable performance - surpasses more than 5 times that of
metal LSDs

Acceleration control range in excess of 10 times that of metal LSDs

Vehicle will remain on track in and out of turns for exacting driving control

More than 30 times the thermal decomposition resistance of metal LSDs

More than 70 times the service life of metal LSDs

Last edited:
Is that cost fitted or not?

On my 996.2 GT3, how can I tell if the diff plates are worn? I still get the tightness & the clunking etc when manoevering on full lock, but on tight hairpins I can spin the inside rear wheel...

Robmug

from what you are describing sounds like your standard diff has had it if you can spin the inside of your rear wheels the Standard Porsche LSD especially on GT3's are rather poor and dont last long at all we have just changed one on a MKII GT3 this week had ony done 15000 miles it was in a real bad state.

That is just for the cost of the LSD fitment is on top of usually takes 6-7hours labour to remove and replace the diff fit new diff seals and bearings as a matter of course.As a ball park figure you would be looking at around £1600-£1700 fitted will be able to confirm an exact price on monday when I am back in the office

why don't cup cars use carbon if it is so much better than the steel cup car plates ???:dontknow:

genuinely curious

Clive

A lot of the time its down to regulations for certain race series homologation purposes that have to coincide with there road going counterparts and the fact that frequent rebuilds of there diffs are not an issue,they are a relative new thing we have brought into the aftermarket Porsche world over the last 18 months or so.

We have been testing our superlight flywheel and single plate carbon clutch kit last couple of months or so which is something that should be in production for the new year.

Cup diff plates aren't the same as the plates used in the road going cars though - always been told they last ages? Guess I'll find out as mine was rebuilt with them not long ago.

Carbon clutch and extra lightweight flywheel are definitely interesting...

Last edited:
Cup diff plates do last longer than the road car variants and they are different but they are still a metal plated diff that will wear out quicker than carbon and after a long day on track the metal plates will get hot and gradually lose there friction coefficient properties where as carbon would lose its capabilities at a higher temperature if that is reached correct choice of gearoils is another factor along with the properties that two materials have combining carbon and metal materials you get the best of both worlds.The LSD's we sell are complete units not just plate sets.

We have quite a lot of new products on there way for the GT3's single plate carbon clutch and flywheel just one of them. :yeah:

How does the price of this compare to the standard diff and what would this Carbon diff behave like on the road rather than the track?

Damian,

I havent looked at the cost of a Porsche Diff in 2 years now but I would imagine they are well over a grand for a complete diff think the replacement standard plates only are around £600-£700 then you have the cost of rebuilding the diff providing that is all that it needs.
The Carbon diff is so much more user friendly and is more progressive and easier to control the car in the way it works just makes for such a better handling car doesnt matter if on road or track the diff will behave in any conditions.Could do with BAF or DAZ chimming in here with some feedback for everyone if not you could PM them for there opinions

i can attest to the excellence of this product . when i was thinking of speccing the rsr me and aldo did a lot of research . was happy with it . fitted it then the proof was in the pudding . highly recommended .

Back