New Kart Race Dates

daved6

Boy Racer
RS Racing will be entering the following race meetings where we can also provide full arrive & drive facilities for anyone else who wants to come along for some racing :yeah:

All you need is an MSA licence and we can sort out all the entry paperwork for you :thumbup:

SEPTEMBER

6th / 7th Forest Edge race weekend

27th Camberley Saturday race day

OCTOBER

4th / 5th Forest Edge race weekend

25th Camberley Saturday race day

NOVEMBER

1st / 2nd Forest Edge race weekend

22nd Camberley Saturday race day

DECEMBER

27th Camberley Saturday race day

Come along and enjoy the close racing for yourself........10 times more fun than a normal trackday :D

Last edited:
I quite fancy that on the 23rd August.

What is the format for the day and approximate costs ?

I quite fancy that on the 23rd August.

What is the format for the day and approximate costs ?

Ken, you will need to join a club, once you are a member you can then enter any other MSA race meeting.

The cost would be:

Membership: £40 (one off fee)

Race entry: £38 per meeting

Fully prepared senior max kart for the day: £350

link to club http://www.camberleykartclub.com/index.php?id=main

Jonathan is currently leading the club championship at Camberley so we can provide a race winning kart that will be fully set up for you :thumbup:

Trust me, I'm not going to win any races.

How much time will I get on track, practice, quali & race ?

I'd be up for 23rd too.

Have you got any test days planned there to try the track out ??

G.

Trust me, I'm not going to win any races.

How much time will I get on track, practice, quali & race ?

1 x 8 laps practice,

3 x 10 lap heats

1 x 15 lap final

depending on the size of the race programme, they do extend the heats to 12 laps and the final to 18 if time permitting.

The track is short so it's easy to learn !!

I've sent off for my club membership, is there anything else I need to do ?

Just download the race entry form and send it in, it needs to arrive the Saturday prior to the race day (7 days) don't worry about waiting to receive your membership number prior to sending in your entry, just put yourself down as a CKC member and put a ? mark in the membership number box :thumbup:

Had a great day today racing a Kart at Camberley, big thanks to Dave who was working miracles fixing the karts every time one broke.

The day started with a ten lap practice session, first thing to do was work out which way the track went as I'd never seen it before and I forgot how bloody quick the karts are. I survived that intact, well sort of, just a minor off caused Dave half an hours work changing a few parts.

In the first heat I started 13th out of 16, but after I stalled the kart I was running last, but there was carnage at the start of the heat so I was able to pick my way through, not sure exactly where I finished, Dave said about 10th, that was ok.

Heat two, managed to drop the chain so that was a short race.

Heat three, kept it on the black stuff for ten laps, my times were falling, I sort of knew the circuit but finished at the back.

Started the final race from 15th out of 16, my objective was not to finish last. After the rolling start I manged to make a few places, then running for a while on my own, pace and consistency were getting better, I actually caught somebody and passed them but by this stage I was getting very tired and finding it hard to maintain the pace, somebody solved that problem with an optomistic overtake attempt which left me with three wheels on my wagon, it was only about three laps from the end of a 18 lap race.

Overall a very enjoyable day, my objective had been to learn a bit of race craft but I had not factored into this the idea that I needed to be quick enough to catch people before I was able to attempt to overtake them. It really was in at the deep end with very little karting experience on a strange circuit up against regular racers. The upside is that I've got a bit more Karting experience under my belt and I'm up for having another go.

Cheers Dave :yeah:

Had a great day today racing a Kart at Camberley, big thanks to Dave who was working miracles fixing the karts every time one broke.

The day started with a ten lap practice session, first thing to do was work out which way the track went as I'd never seen it before and I forgot how bloody quick the karts are. I survived that intact, well sort of, just a minor off caused Dave half an hours work changing a few parts.

In the first heat I started 13th out of 16, but after I stalled the kart I was running last, but there was carnage at the start of the heat so I was able to pick my way through, not sure exactly where I finished, Dave said about 10th, that was ok.

Heat two, managed to drop the chain so that was a short race.

Heat three, kept it on the black stuff for ten laps, my times were falling, I sort of knew the circuit but finished at the back.

Started the final race from 15th out of 16, my objective was not to finish last. After the rolling start I manged to make a few places, then running for a while on my own, pace and consistency were getting better, I actually caught somebody and passed them but by this stage I was getting very tired and finding it hard to maintain the pace, somebody solved that problem with an optomistic overtake attempt which left me with three wheels on my wagon, it was only about three laps from the end of a 18 lap race.

Overall a very enjoyable day, my objective had been to learn a bit of race craft but I had not factored into this the idea that I needed to be quick enough to catch people before I was able to attempt to overtake them. It really was in at the deep end with very little karting experience on a strange circuit up against regular racers. The upside is that I've got a bit more Karting experience under my belt and I'm up for having another go.

Cheers Dave :yeah:

Sounds like a fun day out, what area would you say you lost most time in ?

I bet the grid was full of spotty teenagers too :D

Deffo up for a race meet when i can fit it in.

what area would you say you lost most time in ?

I think I was quite good on the fast corners, I had the kart sliding, there were some twisty bits where Dave's lads were flat, I was building pace there but I was finding it physically very hard. the chicane was tricky, I'm not sure I really mastered it.

I bet the grid was full of spotty teenagers too :D

That's what I was expecting but it was not really the case, it was quite a broad age range.

Dave's lads are both very quick in the karts, final race and one is on pole the other in third place, the only instruction Dave gives out is don't take each other off. First corner one lad takes a wide line and the other dives up the inside and sure enough they have a coming togeather, both off the track, one out of the race.

The one who's kart is still working gets bck on the track and drives like a man possesed, he caught and past me (like I was stood still) after two laps and ended up finishing 5th.

Back