Lamborghini Reventon

I think a few of the Reventon roadsters are coming to the UK as RHD cars - although they will probably just them be exported to HK/China/Thailand/Malaysia

I get the impression that my 560Spyder is one of the very few left in the UK since most of the UK cars have now been exported

Interesting business where the fall in £ means that RHD cars are shipped round the world

This car is an all time classic, buy it lock it away you'll make fortunes, or drive it and know its utterly exclusive.. or wait and rinse the dough on the next "must have" :D

I think a few of the Reventon roadsters are coming to the UK as RHD cars - although they will probably just them be exported to HK/China/Thailand/Malaysia

I get the impression that my 560Spyder is one of the very few left in the UK since most of the UK cars have now been exported

Interesting business where the fall in £ means that RHD cars are shipped round the world

I think the buying public waiting for bargains could be in for a shock in the coming months when the true extent of the number of supercars that have left the country hits home, and the relatively few cars that are left will command strong money. As we type I have a 430 on a ship on its way to South Africa (probably now being used by Pirates :duh: ) a DBS off to Australia, a SLeg to HK, another SL to Singapore, a Stradale to Australia and a 575 to Belgium plus plenty of other enquires from those countries incoming

I think the buying public waiting for bargains could be in for a shock in the coming months when the true extent of the number of supercars that have left the country hits home, and the relatively few cars that are left will command strong money. As we type I have a 430 on a ship on its way to South Africa (probably now being used by Pirates :duh: ) a DBS off to Australia, a SLeg to HK, another SL to Singapore, a Stradale to Australia and a 575 to Belgium plus plenty of other enquires from those countries incoming

Exchange rate must be a major factor there ?

With Ferrari 360s going for these sorts of figures in SA I'm not surprised they are in demand for export from here

http://search.autotrader.co.za/www/...ke=Ferrari&model=360&min_pr=&max_pr=&x=51&y=8

The cheapest one on that page at R1 499000 works out at around £125k :eek: at an exchange rate of R12 to £1. Cost to freight and clear customs isn't that much either in relative terms. Getting them in duty free is the tricky bit. Lots of Saffas heading back now that UK economy is in the doldrums. A returning SA citizen is able to bring one vehicle in duty free.

In the UK we are spoilt with the sheer volume of top end motors - in other countries even a humble 360 is relatively rare and sought after.

996 Turbos fetch very strong money in SA too.

OT do you want another DBS, one of the guys I work with might get rid of his?

i seriously doubt it, why would the owner want to put something like that in a dealers hands? (no offence to any dealer) cars like this are sold to people who dont need to see it..

No offence at all, as you say the buyers we are talking to will probably not need to see it.

i seriously doubt it, why would the owner want to put something like that in a dealers hands? (no offence to any dealer) cars like this are sold to people who dont need to see it..

well Elms has a Mclaren F1 GTR physical

maybe it's a trust thing,

Back