Is anyone going to Royal Ascot ?

DMC said:
Too much going on at work for me to visit ascot tomorrow . Sorry to say. Wont be able to join you guys. Have fun without me!

Bloody Hell Dave, I was looking forward to catching up. Oh well.

And Chappylad, I am there as a special VVVVIP guest of Lord Winklebottom Snooteroy the 3rd of The Isle of Sodor - we used to breed & race pedigree guinea pigs in the good ole days wot wot. We will be in the Aristocracy Bar looking down on the minnions - we will toast a glass your way my working class chum! :p Our guinea pigs are in the 13:59 race, look out for 'Up Yours' at 123.5 - 1 odds - top tip ;)

Mosi said:
Bloody Hell Dave, I was looking forward to catching up. Oh well.

And Chappylad, I am there as a special VVVVIP guest of Lord Winklebottom Snooteroy the 3rd of The Isle of Sodor - we used to breed & race pedigree guinea pigs in the good ole days wot wot. We will be in the Aristocracy Bar looking down on the minnions - we will toast a glass your way my working class chum! :p Our guinea pigs are in the 13:59 race, look out for 'Up Yours' at 123.5 - 1 odds - top tip ;)

:haha:

OUCH! my head!

Great day out though....I even won some money on the gee gee's (which is a first for me!)

Mosi said:
OUCH! my head!

Great day out though....I even won some money on the gee gee's (which is a first for me!)

Heard on the news this morning that some people got arrested there for getting a bit rowdy, thought maybe it was you and your mates ;) :D

Mosi said:
Gareth, email me your mobile number again - we should hook up for a drink :)

Which hospitality tent/function are you in

Steve

Sorry I missed this post.

We were in the one of suites in the Old Paddock chalets. Had to send the GF ahead of me whilst I sorted some biz issues and then I rocked up there at 2pm or so.

Guess you were sozzled by then ? :out

Good day wasn't it ;)

p.s. where you wearing a gilet with your coat and tails.....:)

Mosi said:
OUCH! my head!

Bastard....I laid out £2.5k and came back with a bag of nuts....:(

Gareth said:
Steve

Sorry I missed this post.

We were in the one of suites in the Old Paddock chalets. Had to send the GF ahead of me whilst I sorted some biz issues and then I rocked up there at 2pm or so.

Guess you were sozzled by then ? :out

Good day wasn't it ;)

p.s. where you wearing a gilet with your coat and tails.....:)

No worries Gareth,

We were across the bloomin road in the Englewood Lawns hospitality area, which was ok - but we had a 10 min walk to get back to the main Grandstand if we wanted to see the races in person!! - We were pretty much bolloxed by around 11am, so a 2pm meet up wouldnt of been the best quality catch up chat you'd of ever had!

And no! I wasnt dressed up in fancy dress like some pillock

I had a great day yesterday - lost lots of money but hey-ho, nevermind (Total number of winners - 0) . The place was absolutely heaving and we spoke to someone who goes every year and she said that there were twice as many people as there normally are. I guess someone has to pay for that new stand somehow!. As for the fighting, I think 50,000 people all pretty much arsefaced is a fair recipe for a fight or two, although I saw no trouble whatsoever (just lots of people emptying their guts at the end of the day and a few people pretty much unconscious :) ).

James.

Back