Hello new comers!

Hey everybody!!

Great to be here, I've had a quick look round, checked the dos and don'ts etc and have already seen a few familiar user names from t'other forums. For those that don't recognise the James Bond-esque cat avatar, a bit about myself:

I live in Berkshire and have a vacuous office job in Reading. It's not what I wanted to do (I'm a computer geek at heart) but it pays the bills and allows me to drive a '96 M3 Evo, which I regularly pull to bits to try and repair or enhance. It's the last in a short line of cars which I think reflect my petrol-headedness, but now I'm saving for a house I fear the M3 will be the last silly car I own for quite a while :(

However, I'm not as miserable as I sound, so look forward to posting some nonsense soon!

cheers!

Welcome spuggets... :wave:

There are a few cat lovers here... Some a bit too much eh Gastro :p

Any pics of the car/previous cars?

Ahh welcome!

Nonsense is the way forward! ;)

I never have worked out, but whats up with avatar?

Maxine> I can dig some pics out when I get home. A brief history (yawn!) for you:

1982 Austin Mini 1L - resprayed with union jacks all over!
1990 Fiat Panda 1000 - It had a FIRE engine! And it was red!
1992 Peugeot 405 1.9GL - Taxi-tastic!
1994 Honda CRX Del-Sol SiR - girly but great
1994 BMW 740iL - my company gave me a fuel card! MUHAWHAWHAWHAA!
1994 Citreon ZX 1.9TD - then they took it away again :(
2002 Honda S2000 - got one at a price too good to say no to
1996 BMW M3 - replaced the S2k when the loan repayments got too much!

A steady progression you see, starting when I was 17 and I have spunked all my cash on the best car that I can afford ever since!

damian> Hiya, think I know your BM3W alias - the black Porsche on a track is now a homage to the noblest of beasts, the (thunder)cat, yes?

Nat> The avatar story isn't that interesting. I took the picture of our cat many years ago, and liked the vacant, slightly offended "how dare you?!" expression, so used it. The bow-tie was added to wind up 17ND (he must be a member on here too?) on BM3W - it failed miserably, but I liked it so it remained... and that's the story!

And yes, I do love cats, but not *too* much!

Highlights from my automotive history, as promised

mini.jpg

peugeot.jpg

CRX.jpg

s2k.jpg

m3.jpg

That mini is cool.. :D

Although I have a particular soft spot for CRX's - I had two UK coupe versions... 16v and a Vtec :)

BTW. Do you live in Emmerdale :D ;)

The Mini had a fantastic "feature", where the speed of the indicator flash was proportional to engine revs, so at junctions it would steadily slow down and stop, unless I sat there revving it like a boy racer :)

The CRX was brilliant, albeit a little girly. Typical Honda though, never went wrong.

Do you live in Emmerdale

'appen.

Hi Spoggets - welcome to the BBS :)

I'm an avid cat lover too (don't ake any notice of the comments :D )

Cheers,

:cat:

Gastro said:
Hi Spoggets - welcome to the BBS :)

I'm an avid cat lover too (don't ake any notice of the comments :D )

Cheers,

:cat:

Hey nothing wrong with stroking a pussy, I try to as much as possible

Back