Good VFM wax required....

Glenn Mc

Administrator
Staff member
Want a good quality wax that doesn't cost the earth, but gives good results...

Reason being, is after cleaning off all the rubber marks post trackday from the RS using Autoglym tar remover, it strips the wax off too, but don't need one of these concourse jobs....

Ideas, and prices ???

G.

Got some Zanio synthetic stuff from G - not silly money, easy to apply and as it's not Carnuba no yellowing of ventureshield

Highly recomended

Got some Zanio synthetic stuff from G - not silly money, easy to apply and as it's not Carnuba no yellowing of ventureshield

Highly recomended

Linky ??? :)

I thought carnuba was best for these films ?? :dontknow:

I used to use that but think this Zaino stuff is better now

It might well be Clive but I'm not buying into this whole Zaino doctrine. I've followed the furore regarding it for years and although tempting because of the chemical bias (ultimate geek factor) I'd much rather get the car clean and put some protection on it quickly. If I was keeping the car in the garage and prepping her for concours I might consider it but I've grown out of the 2 days needed for the total Zaino treatment :(

It might well be Clive but I'm not buying into this whole Zaino doctrine. I've followed the furore regarding it for years and although tempting because of the chemical bias (ultimate geek factor) I'd much rather get the car clean and put some protection on it quickly. If I was keeping the car in the garage and prepping her for concours I might consider it but I've grown out of the 2 days needed for the total Zaino treatment :(

I just wash it - and use the autoglym tar remover to get rubber marks off like Glenn is talking about

then a coat of the wax takes just 15-20mins max it's wipe on wipe off so couldn't be quicker or easier

If i'm just washing and not using tar remover (ie not after a trackday) I just use the spray applied to the wet car as I dry it - really fast as you would be drying anyway ????

I just wash it - and use the autoglym tar remover to get rubber marks off like Glenn is talking about

then a coat of the wax takes just 15-20mins max it's wipe on wipe off so couldn't be quicker or easier

If i'm just washing and not using tar remover (ie not after a trackday) I just use the spray applied to the wet car as I dry it - really fast as you would be drying anyway ????

Putting it like that I might have to give it a try!

I had visions of you actually going through all the layers, mixing the activator and sealant etc etc :D

Any tar remover will remove protection of previous wax/sealant.

I stock Zaino as well as the CarLack and Klasse. Zaino is more expensive, Tim at CleanYourCar (member here) stocks Zaino.

Autoglym have never really been in the OCD game for Detailing but their High Definition wax is the bee's nees.

I've tried many different waxes over the years...... still returned to Autoglym.
It's not perfect, but its cheap and the end result (IMHO) is nearly as good.

I use the Meguiar's Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax, in a burgundy coloured bottle, available form Halfords. Nice and cheap.
I can't tell any difference between that and the Zymol stuff tbh, so swapped a couple of years ago. Easy to put on, easy to wipe off.

Back