F1 Monaco Incident

Joe said:
Guys, do you think if it had been anyone else, would they've got the same punishment? Or even an enquiry?

You've got my vote on this........... but unfortunately the more intelligently challenged on here won't be with you ;)

I know i'm in the minority here, but i really do believe it wasn't intentional.

He's retiring soon and i believe he wouldn't want to go out on a low.

Please don't hate me!!!!!:scared:

Look at past history and the steering wheel position during the 'incident', and I'm fairly sure he did do it deliberately. The incident with Damon was deliberate without a doubt (he was watching in his mirrors for he and then drove into him). The incident with Jacques was perhaps 50/50 but he could have avoided it if he had tried.

I think Martin (Brundle) summed it well; he is a genius and to be such means that you get 'character flaws' too. Just part of the package...

Joe said:
I know i'm in the minority here, but i really do believe it wasn't intentional.

He's retiring soon and i believe he wouldn't want to go out on a low.

Please don't hate me!!!!!:scared:

Jackie Stewart summed it up perfectly, he made an initial mistake and then thought "what can I make of this?", so he decided to park it and spoil everyone elses qualification laps. Most definitely intentional, but not pre-medidated.

Gastro said:
I agree it looks bloody suspicious, but likewise, what evidence did the marshalls have that he did it on purpose....... :confused: Its incidents like this that damage F1 without a doubt. :(

Your right they didn't have concrete evidence, but perhaps they did it just to make an example of him? So no-one tries this sort of incident in the future and think they can get away with it.

If the telemetry showed he was 'innocent', Ferrari would have submitted it to the stewards. No submission, hummmmmm!

steved said:
Jackie Stewart summed it up perfectly, he made an initial mistake and then thought "what can I make of this?", so he decided to park it and spoil everyone elses qualification laps. Most definitely intentional, but not pre-medidated.
Too right here Steve, Jackie S was right on the money, the guy (Schuy) thinks very fast...but not fast enough in this case...

Having looked at the incident more than a few times now - I'm going to back track - I think he's guilty and I agree with Jackie Stewart's sentiments on the matter.

Silly boy ! :nono

Back