Dash cams - vigilantes paradise?

BHN894

Ring Warrior
Our local news is reporting that Norfolk police are asking dash cam users to send their videos of dangerous driving to them. I can see some people patrolling the streets waiting for a moody overtake and sending it straight to the police.

All forces doing it.

Fewer road patrols and plonkers driving as plonkers.

Just look at Russian drivers videos on youtube to see why the Cops like the videos.

Inevitable result from the Police pov.

No threat unless you are a plonker.

Day by day things get worse , more freedom is lost , more eyes watch our every fucking move in every possible way and no one does a single fucking thing

... Feels like an open prison at times it really does. I wonder what the world will look like in 10 - 15 years time?

Our local news is reporting that Norfolk police are asking dash cam users to send their videos of dangerous driving to them. I can see some people patrolling the streets waiting for a moody overtake and sending it straight to the police.

Saw it on the local news as well, filled me with horror.

just got to hope they can't set the date and time correctly, as that makes the footage unusable.....

But this isn't about "Big Brother" watching. This is about you being able to prove that the other idiot forced you off the road, took a screwdriver down the side of your car, jammed his brakes on in order to get you to hit him so he could make a whiplash claim etc etc.

Won't be long until all new cars have them I reckon. Probably some EU directive already out there.

Surely they also have to prove beyond any doubt who the perp was.
And correct me if im wrong, but they cant use infra red or night time footage.

I can't see some member of the publics dash cam footage being anything like enough for CPS to take to court

I think it might get you a visit and a talking to at worse

I can't see some member of the publics dash cam footage being anything like enough for CPS to take to court

I think it might get you a visit and a talking to at worse

Haven't they already prosecuted bikers for riding like arses at 100mph+ on the basis of their videos posted to Youtube?

Surely they also have to prove beyond any doubt who the perp was.
And correct me if im wrong, but they cant use infra red or night time footage.

and if they send a footage of your car doing above limit speed... WHO are you going to say the driver was... wife?

Back