Buscuit's BMW Z4M detailed

jk83

Boy Racer
Evening.. After a couple of days detailing in Tunbridge Wells I stopped to detail Buscuit's new Z4M on the way back home.

No process pictures but lots of shiny finished pics :)

Process for those interested was:

-Wheels cleaned with acid free cleaner and tar and glue remover, agitated with multiple brushes, rolled forwards and re washed to get the bit of wheel behind the brakes.
-Arches cleaned with tar and glue remover and wiped and rinsed
-Car pre foamed with Meguairs hyper wash, roof scrubbed with a short bristled brush and then pressure rinsed down (low pressure for the hood)
-Car shampoo'd with Meguairs Shampoo and rinsed
-Hood protected with Autoglym fabric roof protector
-Paint Clayed with Sonus mild clay
-Paint sprayed with tar and glue remover and wiped to remove any tar spots
-Glass cleaned with Meguairs glass cleaner and then protected with RainX
-Paint hand cleansed with Blackfire gloss enhancing polish
-Paint sealed with Blackfire paint sealant
-Wheels sealed with Blackfire metal sealant
-Exhaust tips polished and sealed with Blackfire metal sealant
-Tyres dressed with Blackfire tyre gel
-Interior vacuumed and dusted, leather conditioned, glass cleaned

i think thats it... :) About 6 hours work in total.

PaulsBMWZ4M-01.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-02.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-03.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-04.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-05.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-06.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-07.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-08.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-09.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-10.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-11.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-12.jpg

PaulsBMWZ4M-13.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Aggghhh... how many bleeding times do I do that.... press quick reply... write out a nice long answer.... and then hit 'reply to thead' instead of 'post quick reply' and it loses everything I've just written!!

Very pleased with the outcome, top job! :tu

Thanks... you can changed your avatar pic now to one of the shiny clean pics

Hows it looking after a bit of driving

Looks good. :thumbup:

Are Blackfire sealant products better than the nano technology ones?

Technically no they aren't suppose to last as long. BUT... I've had Blackfire on my van for a good 10 months or more now and its still looking great and beading and sheeting water off after each wash so its by no means a bad product... and it looks great and is easy to apply and remove and is happy to be left curing on the car while you do other jobs..

The Gtechniq on the other hand is a bit of a pain to apply. You have to do small sections at a time and buff off quickly as it cures so fast and overall it takes longer to do a car. From a test on my car too.. I dont think it looks quite as good as a traditional wax. Its more artificial and gives a very reflective shine as opposed to a deep wet look from a wax (actually the blackfire is excellent for a deep gloss look too, one of the only sealants that looks as good as a wax IMO). Gtechniq is also a MUCH more expensive product.

I've just applied Gtechniq to my car and it will be going on 2 other daily drivers and a track car soon so I can see for myself just how good it is. All the independent tests I've seen have been good but I like to see for myself too. If its as good as it claims I'll happily continue offering it. I feel its for a different type of customer though...Someone who just wants a one stop solution to protecting their daily driver...

The Gtechniq on the other hand is a bit of a pain to apply. You have to do small sections at a time and buff off quickly as it cures so fast and overall it takes longer to do a car. From a test on my car too.. I dont think it looks quite as good as a traditional wax. Its more artificial and gives a very reflective shine as opposed to a deep wet look from a wax (actually the blackfire is excellent for a deep gloss look too, one of the only sealants that looks as good as a wax IMO).

That's my experience too. I prefer it on wheels and trim, and use Zaino on the paintwork although that is not a wax.

Back