BMW CSL detailed

I understand that, but if the polish you are using is aggressive enough to bite into the clearcoat of the car, surely it can take off these surface contaminates too at the same time ? :dontknow:

it is just so much easier to machine a clayed surface opposed a un-clayed surface...no buffer hop and polish spreads easier

FCP is an aggressive compound so will leave holograms on most paints, on the harder paints it can finish down well if worked long enough but still needs another stage or 2 of machine polishing to achieve a good hologram finish.. I see guys use FCP and go straight to a finishing polish like 85 or Ultrafina and Im sure if you gave that a IPA wipedown you would see some holograms still as it needs a middle step like Menz 203s/Megs 205 before using 85/ultrafina

How you keeping anyway Nathan??Hope all is well.

What I was saying was the panel done with FCP looked fine until the IPA wipe when all the fillers were washed away. Then yes.. crazy holograms. I was sort of agreeing with you out loud but not wording it very well.. lol

Well thanks... busy.. Not done many write ups as I always seem to finish too late or not have enough time in the day now to take photos.

Back