Autostore Sales - 1996 Porsche 993 RS

jk83

Boy Racer
Be one of the first to see whats coming into the showroom... follow us on twitter.

1996 Porsche 993 RS
£279,995

55,119 KM

This particular car started life in France and was brought to the UK in 1999. It is finished in speed yellow with a black leather interior and is presented in excellent condition. It is fitted with the fixed back bucket seats, driver harness fixing points, manual window winders, no A/C. This car is also fitted with the 'big spoiler' pack from the RS clubsport.

Please contact us for more information or to enquire about our finance or transportation options.

http://www.autostoresales.co.uk/porsche993rs

Storage | Covered Transport | Servicing | Sales | Restoration | PPF application | Detailing | CAV GT​

Last edited:
When I bought my 1st GT3 Mk1 in 2003 [used] I was offered a 993RS Clubsport in RHD for £39k lol.

They aren’t even that quick. Mental market for these. Who pays these prices?

When they went over £100k they were getting into stupid territory. Nearly £300k now is even more nuts. There is little logic to these prices either - they aren’t that quick, are archaic inside and they were more common in number than the 996 RS. Sorry I just don’t see these being worth anywhere near what they pitched at now.

Ok, nearly twice as many 993 RS as the 996RS, but its still very small numbers and far less than the 73RS or the 964RS.

Admittedly a lot of hot air in all cars, but that's the market. CSLs were down at early 20's, then went up to well over 60k, but market adjusting now. BMW E30 M3s could be bought for sub £10k at one stage, now at least 3 or 4 times that.

When they went over £100k they were getting into stupid territory. Nearly £300k now is even more nuts. There is little logic to these prices either - they aren’t that quick, are archaic inside and they were more common in number than the 996 RS. Sorry I just don’t see these being worth anywhere near what they pitched at now.

in the recent market passing the £100k mark seems to have added some kind of rocket fuel to car values - many have lingered beneath then when they get through they suddenly shoot up.

Perhaps they start to get noticed by the bigger fish in the collector world / start to become listed more by the auction houses and get more PR, as the $ magnitude of their percentage point price rises gets more lumpy, then I suppose will pass between collectors who use them as gambling chips.

Dunno, it's been a weird bubbly market for a while

E30 M3s got below half that.....! :D :) :agree: :aim:

I really wished I had bought one of these. I used to hanker after one when I ran my RS Turbo from 1989-1994... I had a friend of a friend who had one and I made the mistake of driving it. It was sublime in comparison to my boosted RS Turbo.
The balance, the noise it was intoxicating.
To think , when I had a bit more money, I turned them down for an E36 Evo SMG1 makes me cringe. Nothing wrong with the E36 in fact I loved it.

BUT, I could have secured one of the E30 Gems for buttons and just kept it.
Damn.
Occasionally, I still browse for a E30 325i Sport in Dolphin Grey.... Mmmmmmm

And whilst I am at it... I also snubbed the Lancia Integrale at John Walley (sp?) in Bishops Stortford... as I thought that they had had their day. He wanted £9k for an EVO II

Damnation. I am off to kick the cat (next doors) ;)

Nice 993 RS by the way :)

BUT, I could have secured one of the E30 Gems for buttons and just kept it.
Damn.
Occasionally, I still browse for a E30 325i Sport in Dolphin Grey.... Mmmmmmm

Good choice, the 325i.

Best choice would have been Apple shares at under a $ then, now at $187.

wow mad, guy near here has one in yellow, owned it for ages not sure he knows what he potentially has!

And whilst I am at it... I also snubbed the Lancia Integrale at John Walley (sp?) in Bishops Stortford... as I thought that they had had their day. He wanted £9k for an EVO II

Damnation. I am off to kick the cat (next doors) ;)

Nice 993 RS by the way :)
We share that talent mate.

No flies on us!!!

What's that buzzing noise?

I bought my LHD 993 RS for £41,750 and sold it for £70,000. D'oh!!

I bought my 2.3L E30 M3 for £9,000 and sold it for £6,500. D'oh!!

I bought my 2.5L E30 M3 Sport Evo for £12,000 and sold it for £13,000. D'oh!!

That's approx 330 grand of future profit I missed out on. D'oh!!

I watch this thread with great interest , I don’t think these cars are that high anymore .
Doom’s book says it’s priced too high and won’t sell at that

Gotta say, cheaper than I thought.

In all honesty its an amazing car but with patchy history before it came to the UK. But it needs to be seen and inspected for someone to appreciate what a nice car this one is.

I watch this thread with great interest , I don’t think these cars are that high anymore .
Doom’s book says it’s priced too high and won’t sell at that

Maybe, maybe not.. Its not for everyone granted, but this owner paid good money and he is only selling as he has found a Clubsport model which he is paying a good chunk more for... so in the right circles these things clearly still have a market.

GOOD NEWS... to those that thought it was over priced, I entered the price wrong (realised while looking through our Pistonheads ads).

Its actually £279,995... and therefore an absolute bargain.

Back