Arrive & Drive Karting Saturday 19th July

not seen many karts with a 2nd seat :dontknow:

Dan, just get in and drive the tits off them, they are very fats, and i think it will really help with your car control.

G.

I've done a reasonable amount already, so not that worried about kart control, more the fact I was always 1-2 seconds off the pace! Hence the desire for some analysis/coaching.

I've got a suspicion I just tend to completely cock up hairpins leading onto long straights, also bit too much tummy being lugged around can't help!

It's not just "fun karting" these are fully prepared race karts and we provide full support offering advice on both setup and driving technique.

The karts are fitted with Alfano units which log and display lap times, split sector time, rpm, temperature etc so we can see where people are lossing or gaining time.

It's does get quite competitive at times with certain individuals comparing times down to 100th of a second :D

Obviously on a group day when we have 5 or 6 drivers out on circuit our time is spent across everyone on the day but we would be more than happy to arrange one to one training days for people who want to develope further.

Hi Dave,

- Are there further costs for usage of the track etc, or is that rolled into your hire fee for the kart?

- How long are the sessions?

- How many sessions would I get if I hired a kart just for myself? Also how many if I split with a mate?

Quite tempted if the dates line up, but need to check my calendar and see if I can drag a mate along.

Thanks,

Dan

I've done a reasonable amount already, so not that worried about kart control, more the fact I was always 1-2 seconds off the pace!

Dan - Daves lads will get you right on it - they are very good and Glenn and my times have fallen everytime we have been out to the point we are not far off them now

Dave - got a race weeekend date yet ? almost done enough practice now ;)

Hi Dave,

- Are there further costs for usage of the track etc, or is that rolled into your hire fee for the kart?

- How long are the sessions?

- How many sessions would I get if I hired a kart just for myself? Also how many if I split with a mate?

Quite tempted if the dates line up, but need to check my calendar and see if I can drag a mate along.

Thanks,

Dan

In answer to your questions Dan,

The only other cost is the circuit signing on fee which is £35 per kart for the day, if 2 people are sharing a kart it's only another £10 for the second driver.

The sessions are normally 10 mins and there are normally 3 groups, cadets, juniors and seniors so you will be driving for 20 mins in each hour, the track opens at 10.00am and closes around 4.30/5.00pm with na short 20min break for lunch.

So allowing for the odd stoppage you should get at least 10 sessions in the day, maybe a couple more if you're lucky so the difference in sharing or not will be either you driving for two or one session per hour.

Either way they are fantastic to drive, they give a real adrenelin rush as everything happens so much quicker in a kart, hence they really sharpen up your reactions :tu

Dan - Daves lads will get you right on it - they are very good and Glenn and my times have fallen everytime we have been out to the point we are not far off them now

Dave - got a race weeekend date yet ? almost done enough practice now ;)

Clive, the boys are looking forward to weds mate as both of them will be driving with you and Glenn :tu

The next Forest Edge race weekend is the 5th & 6th July, which is a Saturday practice day followed by the Sunday race meeting, both you and Glenn are ready for this now :yeah:

Clive, the boys are looking forward to weds mate as both of them will be driving with you and Glenn :tu

The next Forest Edge race weekend is the 5th & 6th July, which is a Saturday practice day followed by the Sunday race meeting, both you and Glenn are ready for this now :yeah:

Dam :wall That's British GP weekend and I'm booked on a bit of a piss up

Would have done that - what's the next race weekend ?

Dave - can't do the 9th I'm affraid - comitments it seems I just can't get out of :wall

Desperate to get back out though - be with you ASAP :D

I love Karting but need to lose another 3 stone before I will be on the pace.:wall

Unless these race karts are ballasted to a minimum weight?:dontknow:

Dave - can't do the 9th I'm affraid - comitments it seems I just can't get out of :wall

Desperate to get back out though - be with you ASAP :D

Clive, I take it you mean the 11th as in tomorrow mate :dontknow:

Not to worry, I've posted a couple of other Weds dates for July at Whilton Mill on a new thread, let me know if either of these work for you :tu

Last edited:
I love Karting but need to lose another 3 stone before I will be on the pace.:wall

Unless these race karts are ballasted to a minimum weight?:dontknow:

The senior max class has a minimum weight limit of 162 kgs for driver & kart and they also run a heavy weight class called rotax 177 which has a 177 kg minimum weight limit.

For your info a race ready rotax max kart weighs in around 83 kgs on its own, so you need to get down to 94 kgs and you would be right on the minimum weight :D

Daved6, Sorry I can't make it today as I have a busy schedule and getting ready for my trip to Dubai tomorrow :)

Have fun guys :)

Another fantastic days karting, sunshine all day, despite a mixed forecast:yeah:

I managed to get within a second of Dave's well experienced karting lads, despite being heavier....consistency is key, as you are always chasing 10ths of a second, and a bit too much oversteer in any corner, will cost you bit time.

Managed to bend my axle towards end of the day, belted a keb a bit hard. Dave straightened it a bit. and managed to get me going again for another session, but it was still vibrating quite a bit, although still managed to set my fastest lap time of 47.45.

Rob, get your arse on these matey, serious work out, i was totally fecked at the end of the day.

Anyone who has never tried this, it's just a great day out, and is seriously good fun :tu

Really good day today.......Glenn made some serious steps forward both in outright pace and consistency :tu

The boy's both enjoyed themselves and were impressed with Glenn's performance, just need to get the first race date sorted out for him now :D

Back