Arrive & Drive Karting Saturday 19th July

daved6

Boy Racer
We will be back at Barton Stacey again for Saturday practice on the 19th July.

This is a great circuit with plenty room to enjoy yourself in either the novice sessions or with the racers depending on your experience ;)

No licence required to take part on a practice day, so come and have a go :D

see link to club website for details:

http://domain1237202.sites.fasthosts.com/index.html

We can provide all of the equipment and protective clothing required for the day !

Last edited:
Nearly the whole Forum will be in Monza that weekend Dave, so not many takers i think :finger

Up for some mid week ones asap though :tu

We will be back at Barton Stacey again for Saturday practice on the 19th July.

This is a great circuit with plenty room to enjoy yourself in either the novice sessions or with the racers depending on your experience ;)

No licence required to take part on a practice day, so come and have a go :D

see link to club website for details:

http://domain1237202.sites.fasthosts.com/index.html

We can provide all of the equipment and protective clothing required for the day !

Dave

Do you supply the Karts as well ??????????????

If Yes whats it cost as Im only about 5 mins from the Old Army camp, I assume thats where it will be, I also have a 16 year old who would enjoy it

Dave

If Yes whats it cost as Im only about 5 mins from the Old Army camp, I assume thats where it will be, I also have a 16 year old who would enjoy it

Yeah, Dave Supplies the Karts, and suits too....just bring a your own helmet if you can.

These karts are damned quick :thumbup:

Dave

Stuart, we can supply everything that you need for the day such as:

choice of karts
race suits
rib protectors
neck brace

Ideally you just need to turn up with your own helmet and boots (good sturdy trainers will do) we do have a number of helmets & boots but obviously these are more size critical hence better if you bring your own.

We currently have the following karts available for hire:

RM1 (32 bhp/2 speed/4 wheel disc brakes) at £350 for a full day

Senior rotax max (28bhp) at £300 for a full day

Junior rotax (20bhp) at £250 each for a full day

These are all watercooled 2 stroke engines fitted with electric start and centrifugal clutches so no problems with spinning/stalling on circuit, just press the start button and go!!!

The driving starts at 10.00am and normally finishes around 5.00pm, the day will be run in sessions covering the different classes which means you normally get 7 or 8 sessions in the day.

I'm happy to do a deal for 2 karts if you decide to have one each or alternatively you could share one kart for the day, we even supply all the drinks & biscuits etc :)

OK - I think mid week ones is better for you and me :)

Dave - when is the next one on the mid week ?

We will be doing the Saturday 19th July anyway but if you prefer midweek then I'll post some more Whilton Mill dates up for shortly.

We are attending Whilton Mill next Wednesday but it's going to be a test day for my boys and I've offered to run Glenn and Clive as they have been waiting to do another day but we can't run anyone else next weds unfortunately :)

do you offer datalogging and coaching or is it more of a here's the kart have fun situation?

do you offer datalogging and coaching or is it more of a here's the kart have fun situation?

not seen many karts with a 2nd seat :dontknow:

Dan, just get in and drive the tits off them, they are very fats, and i think it will really help with your car control.

G.

It's not just "fun karting" these are fully prepared race karts and we provide full support offering advice on both setup and driving technique.

The karts are fitted with Alfano units which log and display lap times, split sector time, rpm, temperature etc so we can see where people are lossing or gaining time.

It's does get quite competitive at times with certain individuals comparing times down to 100th of a second :D

Obviously on a group day when we have 5 or 6 drivers out on circuit our time is spent across everyone on the day but we would be more than happy to arrange one to one training days for people who want to develope further.

Back