Anyone got Sky HD?

Nat

Boy Racer
Thinking of upgrading to HD, but has anyone had experience of it?

Not to sure about this £299 price tag either...

Views.

:confused:

Erm, I've had it since the launch. To be honest I'm glad I have it but I wouldn't really recommend anyone paying out for it yet.

Yes, the World Cup was amazing in HD but that's been about it so far.

SKY claim to have about 12 HD channels yet only a handful of them are showing true HD content. The footy on Sky will all be HD but again that's about it so far.

I personally think we have all been conned, yes those pictures of flowers and vases looked great in John Lewis on the HD setup, but how often do we watch programmes all about flowers and vases :confused:

I would advise to wait a few months, the price will drop and the content will improve :)

Interesting.

I decided to wait until after launch and then go for it. I've actually just ordered this week and will have it installed 2nd week of September.

It is certainly seems expensive for what you get but as I can't get NTL/Telewest in my area I'm limited to Sky or nowt for HD content really. Need to make use of the HD Plasma and projector somehow !!

As a side note one of the major reason for me signing up was to get the Sky golf coverage every week (compared to the limited BBC offering) but the day after signing up I read that Sky have lost a large amount of that coverage to Setanta :wall

Arse !!! :(

My dad had his installed on Tuesday. The picture quality's superb on the few demo channels, but as others have said, there's sod all to watch in HD at the moment.

I'm holding back for a few more months to see if things improve.

What sort of deal did you get Skitt - PM if you want?

They would not budge on the price last night, but would give me a free Sky+ box for the spare room...

Cant give away my secrets, if everyone else does it then it means Iwill at some point end up paying full price :)

skitt said:
Cant give away my secrets, if everyone else does it then it means Iwill at some point end up paying full price :)

Which branch of Comet did you nick it from then.......??? :finger

Back