Anyone flying this week?

Ghost

Boy Racer
Going to Italy on Thursday with BA from Heathrow..

Is the media to be believed that the airports and airlines are in a state of meltdown and total chaos, or is it just one budget airline and more scaremongering?

Came last night to our place in Portugal from Gatwick - flight delayed by an hour and strangely we had Portuguese crew which is actually unusual

at the moment it seems Manchester is worse ( probably run by Harry mcfuckup) and then Heathrow

The Heathrow Airport CEO gave an update recently where he mentioned the airport community needed 10,000 extra staff to cope with the expected summer demand at the Airport. Too many staff were let go during COVID and recovery looks quicker than they were predicting.

In summary we could be seeing a lot of delays/queues......

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 12.10.07.png

Last edited:
Wife flew into Manchester from Hamburg on easyJet yesterday. Despite the horror stories, bags came straight off and she was out 20 mins after landing.

Is the media to be believed that the airports and airlines are in a state of meltdown and total chaos, or is it just one budget airline and more scaremongering?

T5 Vancouver next Tuesday, i'm not holding my breath now ........ another ski season missed

Flew from from T5 last Friday - was awful. They were turning people away from the Terminal door unless their flights was less than 2 hours.....but people were queuing for 2 hours just to get checked in. Was chaos. Luckily we could go to the First check in - but even there we had to wait nearly an hour to drop our bags off (normally 2 mins max) - and thats with being taken through to the front as our flights was "closing". All the flights were late - and BA wouldn't admit it on their App - with the App showing flights "On Time" - an hour after they were meant to have taken off. It seemed to me that every flight was at least an hour late.

We have to fly in there tomorrow - so will see if its as bad.

Last edited:
The other thing I noticed as been three times to Portugal in last 6 weeks is the lack of food and drinks onboard

got a text a week last Saturday whilst at faro from easyJet saying no food or drinks on board the flight - thankfully food and pub was open at faro and despite sitting in front seats they had virtually zero stuff available - been like this for multiple flights now

Off to Cologne tomorrow from STN, the flight is at 7:30 so I'm already having to wake up at 4, fricking 30, wife is at me to get there 3 hours before.. No, I have fast track so that's going to have to do!

Came back into 5 on Saturday evening, was a comedy of errors. Nearly 3 hrs from touchdown to getting baggage - was only coming in from Grenoble!

No stands to park at
No one to guide into the stanf
Nobody to drive the air bridge (8th in queue!)
Nobody in immigration
No baggage handlers
No BA staff to help!

The tannoy voice was quick to blame covid absence, less quick to acknowledge they haven’t managed to rehire and retrain following the covid mass redundancies…
9FE5346C-C361-4DF2-8BE9-A4A705CDC481.jpeg

Sleazy Jet to Nice booked on Sunday. Cancelled.

Rebooked on to a flight to Marseille the following day. Cancelled.

Finally arrived today two days late.

Fuck Covid and fuck Sleazy Jet.

Looks like my mum and sister are currently stuck in Italy. Managed to get new flights home from Naples on Sat, but that may yet change.

Happening industry wide. Same with services.

Was at a pub in the new forest. £20 a roast and they had 4 waitresses serving drinks, food and doing bills for maybe 40 tables!

There was mayhem at Gatwick in January when I was going to Mexico.

BA queue was so big for check in that they were allowing last calls for transatlantic flights in an hours time to queue jump.

People arguing and shouting.

Took us nearly 2hrs from arrival to check in even with premium! left 30 mins to get breakfast before boarding!

sunday woke at 3:15am for a 640 flight to spain, had an email from BA at 3:10am to say flight cancelled - very short notice - managed to get last 2 seats with easyjet but speaking to BA yesterday they even said would not be confident in the return leg with BA so i cancelled the return too and will find something else. I would expect better from BA.

Just booked BA to go to Spain from LGW next week. Who knows what will happen…

On that note, any recommendations for travel insurance? Seems to be a minefield and in particular very few policies seem to have single item cover over £500?

Good thread

I'm in and out of the country a fair bit this next month i'll post my experiences here, recently though i've had no problems at London City or T5

Back