A new member !

JamieB

First of all this is my first post here, so hello everyone !

I used to be in the GTOUK club with DMC a while back and met up with him again on our last Nurburgring trip last weekend !

Had a fantastic time, and some pretty good laps ! The weather was scheduled to be pretty bad and it actually turned out really nice so that was great !

Just got my first couple of pictures back from the weekend so I thought I would share them !

(Attached)

The car is a pretty standard UK MX-5, the early 1.6 version with a little over 100hp, currently running 10min 10sec around the ring... but I am pretty determined to get it under the 10 min barrier on my next trip (only done 15 laps so far !)

Cheers to DMC for the ride in his Porsche, that thing is QUICK ! I should have the video back by the end of the weekend so I should be able to post it up somewhere.

Attachments

• Ringbunny 5.jpg
    Ringbunny 5.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Ringbunny 6.jpg
    Ringbunny 6.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi Jamie and welcome..

Just think what lap times you could do in that car !!

(Jamie's a ring veteran and his lines round the circuit are superb... he gives me a bit of rally style pace notes when he pax's with me. which helps enourmously !!)

Hi Jamie

Welcome to Pure GT

It was good to meet up again at the ring on Monday, thanks for all the advice, I eventually done four laps and got down to just below 11 mins. Rear end was twitching big time and not the cars. The carousel is quite daunting dropping into that for the first time.

Brendan

Thank-you everyone for the lovely warm welcome !

DMC - Your welcome mate, any time you want to hand me the keys to your pride and joy I'll be only too happy to oblige !

Brendan - Nice to see you again mate, and especially glad to see you still in a GTO ! They are lovely cars and it is nice to see some still believe in them ! Sorry I left without finding you to say goodbye, we suddenly realised the time and caught our boat by about 5 minutes in the end !

Sundeep - I am another one of these fang-dangled computer type people I am afraid mate, although there are times I wish I was into something else !

The weekend was truly fantastic, and I am looking forward to the next trip when I should have about 170bhp from my little 1.6 using NA mods and revving to nearly 9k rpm which I am sure will make the times start to tumble !

Apparently Scott (M5) and some others are returning in September, so as soon as I hear the dates I will post them on here as he is looking for passengers as well as drivers, if it is your first time over there then it keeps it cheap and makes sure you get bitten by the Ring bug ! :)

Welcome Jamie! Welcome to PGT!
I used to be an active member of the MX5OC and had two Mk1s (an R-Limited and RS-Limited with carbon Recaros etc :) ) Brilliant handling cars. I saw your '5 legging it around the Ring that day - nice going! Hope to see you out there again.

Cheers,
Adrien

Back