20-25k all rounder...

Nathan I too was always a massive diesel hater and this damn car turned me, its no car for the track but as an everyday proposition its hard to beat. TBH I've not driven the petrol so can't comment other than I've heard the engine is a peach!
I would like the derv with a DCT gearbox but the diesels torque is too much for it and the manual! In real world driving its plenty quick and quite unnerving because it doesn't rev much to create huge leaps in speed (40mph/1000rpm), you find yourself arriving at a corner at 100mph thinking how did we suddenly get here! See the video link in my sig.

Sure they are fast enough but for me it is about more than that. My missus has a 335i and to be honest I'd rather have a 330i 90% of the time, soft throttle response on the 335i combined with the torque converter gearbox (march 08 car) really dull it for me. No doubting how quick they are though.

Didn't suggest 330i for finfast though as no DCT.

Sure they are fast enough but for me it is about more than that. My missus has a 335i and to be honest I'd rather have a 330i 90% of the time, soft throttle response on the 335i combined with the torque converter gearbox (march 08 car) really dull it for me. No doubting how quick they are though.

Didn't suggest 330i for finfast though as no DCT.

Can't you get the 330i with a DCT as an option? I can't remember now. The auto on mine (march 07) isn't bad but if you are used to something with more feedback then I imagine it would feel detached. I went from a cheap supercharged hatchback to this and it did take a little while to get over the raw feel of the old car. Have to admit it only takes a very light throttle to get the 335d sideways, lethal without DSC in the damp!:haha:

Lawsy on cslregister had an evo x, if you search over there sure you will find his views, he has had a csl and gtr too so similar point of reference.

there is a really nice red edition30 golf at george mckay in edinburgh.

3dr dsg, with the new touchscreeen nav, sunroof, 1 owner, low miles...15k i think.

there is a really nice red edition30 golf at george mckay in edinburgh.

3dr dsg, with the new touchscreeen nav, sunroof, 1 owner, low miles...15k i think.

Yep, called him as soon as I saw the advert, sold 30 mins before I called :-(

Back