World's fastest car?

the TKR: a new 1005 horsepower supercar the automaker says is capable of doing zero to 60 mph in 1.67 seconds. What's more, the car reportedly has a top speed of 270 mph —:eek:

And only £360,000! They think they will sell 300-400 over the "estimated" 3 year production run. I wonder:out

It looks nice (like a Macca F1/Mosler Hybrid) , but who in their right mind is going to part with $500,000 for that ? The Engine bay is a complete mess and I bet the interior is rank - for .5mill I'd want a silk purse, not a sows ear.

James.

1.67s is rather optimistic don't you think? traction through the rear wheels will cause a problem.

Thing I loved most about the McLaren F1 was their modesty prior to launch. They never laid claim to their awesome acceleration and top speed figures until they tested the car officially after launch.

Now there seems to be a huge number of cars who all claim to beat the McLaren/Veyron etc but have no tact when it comes to it.

This thing is ugly and might well be stupendously fast... but how about getting Autocar or similar to figure the car first... then boast about the figures?

I do like these comedy headline Top Speeds... 270 mph, surely they meant 300 or was that 400.....?

after all if a McLaren F1 with all that bhp and then the 9ff 911 with close to 900 bhp JUST both got to 241mph....... anything more is a lot difficult...

they can all measure gear ratios and bhp and use a bit of maths but in the end the reality of speed runs are very very different.......

just another PR stunt........... :finger

They were at the docklands motorshow this year, although I doubt anyone noticed, the staff on the stand didn't seem to be doing much.

Back