What an amazing Wimbledon mens final

anjum

Ring Warrior
Watched this excellent game on Sunday, and couldn't help feeling that it was a changing of the guard - with the young 25 year old showing the 35+ year old why being young is just so fabulous. Reminded me of the Nadal and Federer final from a few years back.

Watched this excellent game on Sunday, and couldn't help feeling that it was a changing of the guard - with the young 25 year old showing the 35+ year old why being young is just so fabulous. Reminded me of the Nadal and Federer final from a few years back.
He actually only just 20 years old
Brilliant, next level stuff

Fantastic match, both players smashing some incredible shots/rallys with the Spaniard just edging it in final set. Novak was already a professional tennis player the day Alcaraz was born lol! (20 vs 36)

Novax was amazingly resilient, but the kid had such incredible variety of shots, and touch.. Reminded me of a young Borg.

you'd think Novak would be used to the crowd being behind his underdog opponent but it still seemed to piss him off

IMG_3234.jpeg
7E07370F-A8B9-483A-8A34-CD23C3C3E7BC.jpeg

was a good day and very different to Weds when was there prior. i think for most people i know who go every final it is more a social engagement like f1 etc but for me was more to be close to ultimate performers in their field. By chance my friend is the personal physicial to Novak so will look forward to meeting him sometime soon. I like Serbia and was supporting him through the game despite most being Carlos enthusiasts!

Novak lives in the same apartment as my friend in NYC on Union Square - he's a really nice guy and inherently approachable.

It's a shame Novak couldn't break back in the fifth set. He threw away a couple of chances early on when he was up in Carlos's service game.

Yes was a great match.
Saw it on delay late into the night whilst on hols...Was so long though and feckin cost me the next day as had to wake up early all groggy and cancelled morning plans... :duh:

View attachment 164397
View attachment 164398

was a good day and very different to Weds when was there prior. i think for most people i know who go every final it is more a social engagement like f1 etc but for me was more to be close to ultimate performers in their field. By chance my friend is the personal physicial to Novak so will look forward to meeting him sometime soon. I like Serbia and was supporting him through the game despite most being Carlos enthusiasts!
Lol, just spotted my pal in the crowd, it’s like a posh persons where’s Wally! :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: PJI
Back