Well if you have to have a truck

Guam

Its not often you come across an SUV that will allegedley spank a 997 Turbo, among the rare and esoteric that crosses our doors we had this in for a design and install for a couple of days. OMG you should hear this badboy when running, if satan drives a 4x4 around hell it has to be this:evil:

Attachments

• gem750P1010837.jpeg
    gem750P1010837.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 28
  • gem750P1010841.jpeg
    gem750P1010841.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 16
  • gem750P1010850.jpeg
    gem750P1010850.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 12
  • gem750P1010851.jpeg
    gem750P1010851.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 10
  • gem750P1010852.jpeg
    gem750P1010852.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
Spank a 997 TT?
I doubt it.
I suppose if it has 700 bhp it might beat it to 60 or even 100 mph, but it wouldn't beat it on top speed or round a track.

Spank a 997 TT?
I doubt it.
I suppose if it has 700 bhp it might beat it to 60 or even 100 mph, but it wouldn't beat it on top speed or round a track.

Thats supposedly its main claim to fame, heavilly reworked running gear suspension etc, hell of a claim I agree, but wouldnt you want to find out:finger

Cheers

I read in a magazine recently that the new Cayenne Turbo is faster around the West circuit than the 911 turbo. Didn't state which model though

I read in a magazine recently that the new Cayenne Turbo is faster around the West circuit than the 911 turbo. Didn't state which model though

EVO had the new CT, ML63 and an Elise out at Bedford in a recent copy. From memory it was close. I would hope that the 997TT is quicker around Bedford than a cooking model Elise - so as you say Steve, they are probably referring to an old school 911 Turbo.

Apparently the Owner has a Gemballa 997 as well hoping we might see that interested to see the differences :)

If that comes in I will take a lot of detail pics as well, EB Interior etc as well as the usual body shots.

Cheers

Tom

If it is quicker, it'll be by consuming a gallon or more of fuel per lap, so I think it won't be out on the track for long and the tyres will overheat.
Would I want to find out? Not really. I wouldn't want to go that fast in a 4x4 no matter who built it.

If the Cayenne turbo really is faster then a 911 turbo, then there has to be something wrong with the 911 turbo. They must be talking about an older model surely. The extra 600kg or thereabouts in the Cayenne can't be hidden that easily.

Unless the Cayenne just ignores all the corners and drives straight over the grass.

If it is quicker, it'll be by consuming a gallon or more of fuel per lap, so I think it won't be out on the track for long and the tyres will overheat.
Would I want to find out? Not really. I wouldn't want to go that fast in a 4x4 no matter who built it.

If the Cayenne turbo really is faster then a 911 turbo, then there has to be something wrong with the 911 turbo. They must be talking about an older model surely. The extra 600kg or thereabouts in the Cayenne can't be hidden that easily.

Unless the Cayenne just ignores all the corners and drives straight over the grass.

Never met the owner so can't list all the differences but given what I was told they had done to it seems that its no longer just a cayenne turbo, :scared: The higher CG would lead to an interesting experience I guess at high speeds but, I will leave the track day demons on here who KNOW what they are talking about (unlike me) to speculate on that.

I guess it would be a bit like truck racing (and that looks a right giggle):scared:

Back