This weekend, I ave been mostly...

Chris

Odin, Father of the North
Cutting down two nice trees that the neibour reckons are too tall and too close to his fence..

Having checked up on this, it would appear that if the tree is less than 2m from the boundary it should be no more than 2m high...so that meant 2 trees are now toast..

Haven't done this since I worked on the farm when I was a kid...

Upside is that I have enough fire wood for another year.

How sad am I ....

It's a shame really cos they looked quite nice...

However tree No1 had quite a bit of rot in the centre, so it would have been down soonish

Attachments

• DSC_0016 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0016 (Small).JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 61
how will it effect the foundations of the wall ?

did you have that looked into ?

The two trees are next to a hedge the not the wall side so should be ok...

to be honest I quite enjoyed cutting them down and cutting into logs

The two trees are next to a hedge the not the wall side so should be ok...

to be honest I quite enjoyed cutting them down and cutting into logs

I know what you mean chris, chainsaw work always reminds me of cutting wood up for the pub.......

You know that place your Dad ran.....:haha:

Thanks guys, pics taken earlier in the year....cold at the mo and no leaves on most of the trees...

Chris - Where did you get the info from ... re: "2m from the boundary " etc. ?

I looked it up on the Net, I use a forum called Totalfrance.com which gave / directed me to the information...

It does change from region to region, but my neibour is a judge so I guess he would know, and I didn't want to create a stink about it....

If I haddn't cut them down a request can be made to the town hall to have them cut it down and the bill sent to me....

Thanks guys....the reason it took so long is that the tree no2 had to be roped upto the landcruiser to ensure it didn't destroy the judges hedge...

and it was snowing on Sunday....and I'm getting old...

Back