theshinexperience: Another Shelby GT-500 but this one is from 1967

Roy

Hello All,

This was a non correction detail for the winner of a competition I put on late last year. I was told that the winner had a Ford Mustang GT-500 and In my mind I just assumed that we were talking about the new one, however when I got there this beauty greeted me.

Elenor009.jpg

Elenor048.jpg

For all of those who have seen Gone in 60 Seconds, well this was an exact replica of "Eleanor".

The car had been fully restored by the previous owner who had spent over
50k on bringing it back to its former glory.

The car is not used that often and hasn't infact been out of the garage for the last 3 months apparently, so there was barely any dirt on it. The car was washed using two bucket method and Swissvax Car Bath. Then the car was sprayed with P21S Auto Wash and rinsed down.

The weather was not exactly being kind today, so outdoor shots were limited to the initial photos taken at the beginning of the detail.

The car was clayed and then put back inside the garage. The clay bar picked up barely any impurities and the photo below shows the results of claying the entire car.

Elenor021.jpg

Once inside it was then on with the usual tasks. The whole car was HD Cleansed to prepare the paintwork for the wax. Once this was complete I applied a coat of Swissvax Mystery and carried on with other jobs whilst this cured.

The Wheels were cleaned with P21S gel and then polished up with Zymol Metal Britework. They came up really well, sadly it wasnt that easy to reflect this in the photos due to the lack of space in the garage.

Elenor059.jpg

After about 20 mins I buffed the Mystery off and for a silver car that had not had correction I have to say it had an incredibly deep and wet shine. The black stripes made for a fantastic contrast with the rest of the car.

The tyres were then dressed with Swissvax Pneu.

After cleaning up the rest of the chrome, side exhaust pipes, door shuts and interior glass it was time to take some photos.

I got a bit carried away in the end but love the little details such as the fuel filler cap being under the "Shelby Cobra GT-500" badge on the back of the boot.

Elenor078.jpg

As mentioned earlier, this car is an exact replica of "Eleanor" from Gone in 60 Seconds, so this meant that it had the special buttons inside.

Elenor034.jpg

Once this is armed then press the big red button on the gear stick.

Elenor033.jpg

The car looks just as good under the bonnet. Apparently a completely new engine was fitted a couple of years ago.

Elenor054.jpg

The original leather seats bear the name of the designer, Carroll Shelby.

Elenor031.jpg

The final job of the day was to give the car a final wipe down with Zaino Z-8 Grande Finale Spray Seal.

Here are some final photos.

Elenor068.jpg

Elenor067.jpg

Elenor072.jpg

Elenor065.jpg

Elenor083.jpg

Elenor084.jpg

Elenor069.jpg

Once again I hope you enjoyed looking and any questions just let me know

Roy

You're right of coarse Nick....I could well fancy a 67/68 Fastback but I'm afraid I just don't like the elanor. The car in it's std form is just stunning enough for me.

One day.....Maybe when the wife has run off with the milkman.;)

Back