Tested and approved: Swissvax Zuffenhausen for all you Porsche owners

Damon

King Kong
Look what arrived today….

Zuffenhausen-vi.jpg

Swissol Zuffenhausen

Swissol has developed this finishing wax specifically for the Porsche factory paints, further enhancing its range of waxes.

Zuffenhausen wax has been specifically developed for the two-component coatings on modern Porsche vehicles. Has a high concentration of ultra pure Brazilian grade one carnauba wax (over 40% by volume) 200ml

I tested this product on Mitchell’s GT3 and I think you’d agree it came up alright!

IMG_5595-vi.jpg

IMG_5588-vi.jpg

IMG_5555-vi.jpg

It was extremely easy to work with. Applied with a sponge applicator or by hand, leave to stand for 10 mins and buff off. No hard work it just comes straight off. For the best results after the initial buffing, leave it in the sun for 3 hours then buff again.

Zuffenhausen costs £69. To some that would seem a lot for wax, but if you consider a tub will last 3-4 years it works out less expensive than some ‘cheaper’ products available at your High Street accessories shop. And don’t forget you’ll be getting a much better quality of finish and protection.

If your considering buying a wax, and preparing the surface yourself, do invest in the relevant paint cleaner or you won’t be getting the return on your investment. But if your using it to top up one of my details, you’ll just need the wax.

For Swissol waxes you should invest in Swissol Cleaner Fluid. It cleans the paint surface and has bonding agents designed to maximise the protection and finish of the Swissol wax.

Both these products can be sourced from Tim at www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Good luck :tu

Last edited:
I should mention that Swissol is going through a rebranding, and will be known as Swissvax

Last edited:
So it's the competition for Glasur - do you have any thought on the difference (other than £30!).

Pics certainly look good. :)

Hi So Poo

tbo I haven't tried Glasur, I am sure its a great wax, all the Zymol waxes have there benefits.

Comparisons are so difficult to achieve without being subjective. I have used Zymol and Swissvax and have achieved great results with both.

Its like most things, you develop a preference and stay with it. But sometimes a product comes along that changes your preconceptions. A bit like why I cancelled my 997 GT3 order and bought my CSL :tu

Both products are great, and with the right preparation I am sure it would be difficult to separate them.

On a technical level the Zuffenhausen has 40% white carnauba v's 56% yellow carnauba. White being the highest quality carnauba available.

Last edited:
I think for £69 it is worth a try - only problem with these expensive waxes is they last so long! I rekon I have about a year's worth left!

Will get a tub of this next - what's swissvax's version of hd-cleanse called?

I think for £69 it is worth a try - only problem with these expensive waxes is they last so long! I rekon I have about a year's worth left!

Will get a tub of this next - what's swissvax's version of hd-cleanse called?

There's always ebay for your old tub :haha:

Swissol's paint cleaner is called Cleaner Fluid, £19.90 for 250ml http://swissol.co.uk/products/cleaning-products.asp

I find it so easy to use, wipe on, wipe off, not resistance and the paintwork is fantastic. I find HD-cleanse the devil's own work, it dries on contact and is a beggar to get off.

I know what you mean with the hd-cleanse - it can be very hard work. Am trying lots of stuff at the moment. Have been using klass allinone and collinte476 too. Good stuff for the wheels, not sure about it on the bodywork though.

I know what you mean with the hd-cleanse - it can be very hard work. Am trying lots of stuff at the moment. Have been using klass allinone and collinte476 too. Good stuff for the wheels, not sure about it on the bodywork though.

Oh I don't know that exact combo came up alright on this TT

IMG_6099-vi.jpg

IMG_6108-vi.jpg

IMG_6115-vi.jpg

That combo is particulary suited to light coloured cars

Back