Success at the Roy Mortara Memorial Meeting

daved6

Boy Racer
We had a good days racing at the Camberley Kart Clubs biggest event of the year which was held at the Blackbush circuit.

Jonathan managed to put it on pole for the final and then completed a lights to flag victory to claim the Roy Mortara trophy :yeah:

Whilst Jamie made hard work of it by only managing to qualify in 5th place for the final after being taken out whilst lapping a back marker in the second heat, but he managed to get through and take 3rd place in the final, setting the fastest lap of the day in the process which cheered him up in the end :D

We will be racing at the next Camberley meeting in November along with Ken who will be making his second appearance on the grid :tu

We had a good days racing at the Camberley Kart Clubs biggest event of the year which was held at the Blackbush circuit.

Jonathan managed to put it on pole for the final and then completed a lights to flag victory to claim the Roy Mortara trophy :yeah:

Whilst Jamie made hard work of it by only managing to qualify in 5th place for the final after being taken out whilst lapping a back marker in the second heat, but he managed to get through and take 3rd place in the final, setting the fastest lap of the day in the process which cheered him up in the end :D

We will be racing at the next Camberley meeting in November along with Ken who will be making his second appearance on the grid :tu

Well done guys :tu

Remind me of that date again, i may have a look at that myself....

Any more practice dates ??

Well done guys :tu

Remind me of that date again, i may have a look at that myself....

Any more practice dates ??

Glenn, we will be racing at the Blackbush circuit (Camberley Kart Club) on the 25th October and the 22nd November, these are both Saturdays and Ken will be racing with us on the 22nd November.

If you wanted to practice on the circuit prior to entering the 22nd November race meeting we could run you on either the 8th or 15th November which are both Saturday practice days.

We will be doing some more Whilton Mill wednesday dates in November and December as well but I'll post them up as a new thread for you shortly :thumbup:

Practice is for girls,

Ken, you need to get your 6 signatures so that you can upgrade to a National A kart licence and then you can start racing with us in the French 6 hour endurance series which will be great experience for you and good fun to boot :thumbup: :D

Speaking to a few of the Elise Trophy guys they really recommended karting as a cost effective way of getting race experience.

Dave, do you agree that kart experience can be translated to longer circuit car racing? Is it oversteer control and later turn in that are the major benefits?

Speaking to a few of the Elise Trophy guys they really recommended karting as a cost effective way of getting race experience.

Dave, do you agree that kart experience can be translated to longer circuit car racing? Is it oversteer control and later turn in that are the major benefits?

Is a fantastic way to learn Damon - look at who karts on here and look at who's quick - make the conection ??

Dave - when's the next dates coming up - I have time on my hands at last agian :yeah:

Ken, you need to get your 6 signatures so that you can upgrade to a National A kart licence and then you can start racing with us in the French 6 hour endurance series which will be great experience for you and good fun to boot :thumbup: :D

I've got six signatures from car races, does that count ?

Six hours in a kart would kill me

I've got six signatures from car races, does that count ?

Six hours in a kart would kill me

I'll have check that out Ken, what licence are you going to apply for next, should be a full national B race ?

The 6 hours can be shared Ken you don't have to do it all on your own mate :finger :rofl:

We are going to try doing it with the 2 boys driving 3 off x 1 hour long stints at a time but trhis will probably be to much for them, so 3 drivers doing 2 off x 1 stints might work out better, but it will be fun trying :D

Yeah, for sure Damon,

Karting really does sharpen up all the reactions and you learn very good control, using very small inputs most of the time, don't forget a kart goes fastest when all of the wheels are pointing forward in a straight line, although at times you do flick sideways on the entry into some corners to scrub speed.

The great thing that you learn in karts far quicker and easier than in any other form of motorsport is race craft which can be far more important that outright pace when your racing :thumbup:

And most importantly they are great fun :D

Dave - when's the next dates coming up - I have time on my hands at last agian :yeah:

Guys, we are leaving for France tomorrow and we then have 2 race weekends coming up but after that we can sort as many dates out as you want in November & December.

How do you fancy going somewhere different for a change or do you both prefer Whilton Mill on a Wednesday ?

Let me know and I'll post some dates up next week when we get back :)

Dave tell me more about this France endurance racing!! Sounds like a bit of craic, what age drivers?? What type of kart? Which tracks and how much per race???

Dave tell me more about this France endurance racing!! Sounds like a bit of craic, what age drivers?? What type of kart? Which tracks and how much per race???

They run a 6 round series each year using the best kart circuits in France including one round at the Le Mans circuit.

The karts are Rotax Max 125cc senior spec engines which are watercooled 28bhp motors which have electric start and centrifugal clutches to make like easy for the driver to jump in and go.

the only difference with the French regulations is the fact that they allow the use of front disc brakes which are operated by a separate lever mounted on the steering wheel which we do not have in England at the moment.

You are allowed a spare engine a 6 new tyres for the race one spare front and rear that you can change during the race.

This is the first round that we have entered, but the budget looks like being around £1600 per event to cover a race team entry including the running costs of the kart for the weekend, this would cover Friday open practice, Saturday am qualifying and then the 6 hour race, the only thing not covered is the personal travelling, hotels & food bill.

Ideally this cost could be split between 3 or 4 drivers depending on the amount of driving people wanted to do, or you could set up a couple of race teams attending the same event and share out the general travel & ferry crossing costs between them by putting all the gear in one lorry etc.

I'll let you know how it all works out when we get back :thumbup:

Back