Smash and Grab

Chris

Odin, Father of the North
On the TV the other night "McKintyre string" they fitted an A6 with bullet proof glass and parked it on the street in a sting operation, they then put a video camera in a bag on the seat to see how long it would take before someone nicked it..

1/2 hr after 3 yobs tried to break the class, throwing many rocks and bricks at it finally weakening it with a golf club...

They stole the Camera, the film crew tracked it down and retrieved it...

The Police arrested the youths and the guy who nicked it (known to the police) was given a caution, :wall :wall :wall even though they had this on film....

How fcuked up is this....:wall

But that is the trendy liberal attitude.
It is your fault for having an A6, having a camera, choosing to park it there, and leaving the camera in the car.
The poor disposessed, unloved, disaffected, socially excluded, below average income wasters, are not at fault for being a useless worthless part of society that ought to be shot, but requiring of care, affection, a free holiday and more government cash.

And the police are a part of it, since they are there to extract money, since law enforcement is a business that must make a profit. No point harassing people with no money, the treasury gets nothing out of that, leave the jails free for people who have something to lose.

I completely despair of the situation.

Stuart said:
And the police are a part of it, since they are there to extract money, since law enforcement is a business that must make a profit. No point harassing people with no money, the treasury gets nothing out of that, leave the jails free for people who have something to lose.

I completely despair of the situation.

That's a bloody good way of putting the situ.

Agreed

In Morocco my dad left a camera on the table and a young urchin ran after my dad pulled at his arm to tell him.
He didnt dare pick the camera up as it may have looked like theft!

The penalty for theft (was/is) losing a hand!

It sure does work

Jez

InsBro said:
Agreed

In Morocco my dad left a camera on the table and a young urchin ran after my dad pulled at his arm to tell him.
He didnt dare pick the camera up as it may have looked like theft!

The penalty for theft (was/is) losing a hand!

It sure does work

Jez

That's part of the issue.
It used to be the case that a thief was the lowest of the low (besides child abuse of course). But now it is just taken for granted that things will get stolen. The people that do it, don't even think they are doing much woring, which IMO, is down to there being no stigma attached to being a thief. This is percolating its way up through society, with fraud and white collar crime also on the increase.
If no value is placed on honour, integrity, honesty and reliability, then things are on an irreversible downward spiral.

Back