Silverstone a bit pants...

Didn't watch it today - too busy sorting out my wireless internet connection :rolleyes:
What was pants about it ?

Gastro said:
Didn't watch it today - too busy sorting out my wireless internet connection :rolleyes:
What was pants about it ?

It was so frigging boring......I fell asleep with 10 laps to go and woke up with Alonso standing on the podium.

H.

Henry No GT2 said:
It was so frigging boring......I fell asleep with 10 laps to go and woke up with Alonso standing on the podium.

H.

aye...... it was game over even before's alonso's 1st pit stop !

As soon as Jenson was out on lap 10-odd (?) and DC wasn't overtaking anyone, I was bored....

F1 is losing it! :(

Nords said:
As soon as Jenson was out on lap 10-odd (?) and DC wasn't overtaking anyone, I was bored....

F1 is losing it! :(

No - beg to differ. Coulthard never had it and Jenson sold his soul to the devil instead of sticking with his contract and got too arrogant too early.... I think Jenson had what it took to be a champion - not now IMHO.

F1 has been in a quandry for sure in recent years for sure - I hope that with some minor tweaking it will become more entertaining....

Gastro said:
No - beg to differ. Coulthard never had it and Jenson sold his soul to the devil instead of sticking with his contract and got too arrogant too early.... I think Jenson had what it took to be a champion - not now IMHO.

F1 has been in a quandry for sure in recent years for sure - I hope that with some minor tweaking it will become more entertaining....

was a nice day out though :D... sun cherry red now :evil:

Gastro said:
Coulthard never had it and Jenson sold his soul to the devil instead of sticking with his contract and got too arrogant too early.... I think Jenson had what it took to be a champion - not now IMHO.

Agree about Coulthard but not about Button. He has shown himself to be super quick in qualifying (considering his car) but his car just isn't on the pace and stands no chance of winning. One of the weekend papers showed some statistics that proves that if you don't have one of the top 3 cars, you will not win. Button's car just doesn't give him a chance. In a Renault, he would be World Champ.

However, that is only with F1 in its current format. Take yesterday, as an example. You drive so much of the circuit without braking, there is no chance of overtaking and that is the way on many circuits. Once you have established the pecking order in a race, its all over except for retirements or cock ups.

It';s not just the cars that need sorting. The circuits do too. Silverstone and Monaco, to name only 2, will never give good racing in F1 whatever the regs.

Now, under the current rules and circuits Button is good enough to be a champ, given the right car. However, he has always been known for being very quick but not a great racer. A mate used to race against him in F3 and in their F3 season, Button often took pole but finished the year 3rd because he couldn't mix it.

Boring race.....but I still used it as a opportunity to get completely bolloxed on white wine in the sun :)

Another hangover!! :wall

I thought it was ok from a spectators point of view.
Ears killing me after as I was 3 rows from the front on the pit straight.
Watched a guy manage to doze off near the end though :finger

Sorry I missed you Ade.... I left the bloody phone in the back of the bike :wall

Left as soon as the top 3 crossed the line and was home in 35 mins :)

Back