Rizla BSB Bikes Stolen

ADJ

Boy Racer
Rizla Suzuki bikes stolen from Croft – £10,000 reward for return

BOTH of Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne’s Rizla Suzuki GSX-R1000K6 race bikes were stolen last night from a locked garage at the Croft circuit in North Yorkshire. Rizla Suzuki is offering a £10,000 reward for their safe return.

The bikes were garaged in preparation for the start of the official MCRCB two day test at the circuit, due to start this morning. The team left the circuit at around 20:00 and returned at 8:00 this morning to find the garage door open and the two bikes missing along with parts and accessories. Airwaves Ducati and Redbull Honda also had parts stolen last night. The police and circuit security have been called to the scene and an investigation is underway.

Rizla Suzuki Team Manager Robert Wicks said: “The priority now is to try and recover these stolen bikes. They are two very distinctive Rizla Suzuki race bikes littered with hand-made parts and marked accessories that are useless to anyone bar a Superbike race team. Even if the bikes are broken down the parts will remain identifiable and we will do everything within our power to trace them.

“We are giving our full co-operation to the police to find these bikes and bring the thieves to justice. The team is offering a reward of £10,000 to anyone who can help the police with their investigation that leads to the bikes being recovered and the thieves successfully prosecuted. Anyone with any information or suspicion should contact 01202-820170. Alternatively they can call the police direct.”

The theft of the bikes scuppers the two day test for Shakey and the team. “Shakey’s bikes were tailored to suit him with one-off fitments and hand-built engines that took months to complete,” explained Robert. “To replace these will be immensely difficult, it sets us and Shakey back a long way.

“The thieves who have stolen these bikes are not fans of the sport or friends to motorcycling in any way, they are simply thieves. I urge anyone with information to come forward and expose these thieves for the good of the team, Shakey and the legions of BSB and race fans in this country.”

If you have any information on the whereabouts of the stolen bikes please call Darlington Police on 0845-6060365 or Rizla Suzuki direct on 01202-820170 or e-mail any information to pressoffice@rizla-suzuki.co.uk. Any information supplied in confidence will remain in confidence.

OMG! Thats fing awful!

One of my friends is a sponser for them, he owns Muc-Off clicky ;) and they had the bikes at his work for some promo work.

What machines, the detail of enginering which go into these machines is out of this world!

Someone has made such a stupid mistake stealing this as they are so unique.

God knows why they were stolen :out

They can't be flogged as they're so unique, including the parts - so they can't even be stripped down.

Hopefully these kn0bs will get caught. I think that's unlikely though, it takes some bottle to steal bikes like these and was undoubtedly done by pro's.

Unfortunately this sort of thing is getting more and more common these days. How often have we heard people getting woke up to find thieves have broken into their homes holding baseball bats above their heads demanding the keys to their cars etc. :wall

Incredible looking bikes, and weight nothing....

I think I have eaten heavier kebabs after a Saturday night on the razz.

I hope they catch the twats, and make an example of them.

ADJ said:
The police and circuit security have been called to the scene and an investigation is underway.

So what were circuit security doing at the time???:out Or is there nobody there at all at night?:confused:

Kris

God knows mate, but I would have thought there were security about, caught napping perhaps.

Last edited:
They'll go nicely in my garage with Shergar. Look good against all the winners trophies I nicked off Jenson Button, too. :scared:

Last edited:
Absolutely superb looking bikes, although the 2003 paint scheme was the best. Airwaves Ducati and one of the Honda teams lost parts too but not bikes. The F06 duke parts will be unbelievably expensive!

Did I mention I have a 210 bhp engine in my gixxer now, and you should feel how light my unspring weight is now! I can't seem to get 17" tyres to fit though.....

LOL

Was it this one that was stolen?

RHS_side_GSXR_site.JPG

No silly, it is still in my garage, abet with a big dent where it fell off the paddock stand! :cry

Never mind, it is going to Dream machine to be sorted soon (with all the high speed stonechips too)

Angus - After Shakey's crash at Snetterton, they said that the brembo master cylinders should be lockwired and not held in by a cable tie. Mine has a cable tie :scared: but no word from Crescent! I'll check as Im sure yours is the same.

Nords said:
Was it this one that was stolen?

RHS_side_GSXR_site.JPG

No silly, it is still in my garage, abet with a big dent where it fell off the paddock stand! :cry

Never mind, it is going to Dream machine to be sorted soon (with all the high speed stonechips too)

Angus - After Shakey's crash at Snetterton, they said that the brembo master cylinders should be lockwired and not held in by a cable tie. Mine has a cable tie :scared: but no word from Crescent! I'll check as Im sure yours is the same.

Are you talking about the tiny remote resevoir, or the actual master cylinder?

On mine, I noticed a cable tie holding the goodridge hose down the right fork stanchion has broken and the line is moving about a bit. Is that OK?

Phatgixer said:
Are you talking about the tiny remote resevoir, or the actual master cylinder?

On mine, I noticed a cable tie holding the goodridge hose down the right fork stanchion has broken and the line is moving about a bit. Is that OK?

No the pivot pin which holds the brake lever to the master cylinder. It is a big hollow pin, which has a cable tie through it on mine. Shakey's was the same when the pin went AWOL, closely followed by the brake lever at 187 mph! I think the cable tie needs to be changed to lockwire. I have asked, just waiting for the answer...

Be careful!

Back