Renault R26R 330mm Brake disc upgrade

Backdraft

Boy Racer
Following the terrible regularity of the standard R26R front brake discs cracking on track, we have developed a floating disc upgrade which is available from stock now.

We have uprated them from 310mm to 330mm for extra braking efficiency and provide a full kit with-

2x Discs 330mm floating AP Racing vented
2x Anodised Aluminium Bells
2x AP racing bobbin ket
4x High Tensile caliper bolts
4x Stainless steel caliper spacer.

£798 plus vat and delivery. Currently in stock.

We also recomend using our pad, hose and fluid upgrade http://www.backdraftmotorsport.com/shop-renault-r26r/bdm-renault-r26r-brake-kit-stage-1/flypage.tpl.html

A few pics

DSCF0303.jpg

DSCF0296.jpg

Best Regards
Mark BDM

Last edited:
Brembo

There is a Brembo 310mm 2 piece fixed disc available also for those with a slightly smaller budget. Trouble is they aren't a significant improvement over the standard solid disc. It's just not worth compromising on brakes IMO
regards
mark BDM

Too fucking dear?

£798 plus vat and delivery is about right. When I was at Silverstone, a set of 2 piece Performance Friction rotors with steel bells, no caliper bolts, no custom made stainless distance piece etc was around £725 + vat.

So IMHO about right

Allan

Mark , Nice kit , I did a similar kit with mine at 356mm and found it a little too big , yours seems the best size imo & good value

Thats very reasonable Mark, a set of AP's for an EVO are around £1300 +vat for the 330 mm kit, so yours almost half price, everyone with the French shitter should get some, best go faster mod to most cars is the brakes :tu

I like the discs. I don't suppose they would fit an FD2 CTR at all? The caliper looks the same...

edit - of course they won't duh! CTR has studs!

Thats very reasonable Mark, a set of AP's for an EVO are around £1300 +vat for the 330 mm kit, so yours almost half price, everyone with the French shitter should get some, best go faster mod to most cars is the brakes :tu

Didnt that Kit include Callipers ?

We have made 5 sets - sold 2 already. 3 to go. No scope for discounts or deals in that price. Just an honest cover of our time and effort to put together a good kit.

Worth asking though ;-)

Will do free postage to all PGTers if that helps.

By the way the discs are available seperately if you ever manage to wear them out. Last set I used lasted 3 seasons and a 24 hour race. Just worth knowing you dont have to replace the bells, just the discs.

Regards
Mark

Last edited:
300 bhp R26R x2

Both 300bhp R26R's with our full list of upgrades will be ready for their debut at Silverstone on the 8th. Full list of upgrades and infor will be kept updated here- http://www.backdraftmotorsport.com/bdm-renault-r26r-tuning-a-upgrades.html

Includes-
Hybrid turbo
Hi flow downpipe
High flow intake system
Lightweight race battery
Electronic Master cut off switch
Electronic extinguisher system
AP racing discs, Pagid pads, Braided brake hoses & Castrol SRF fluid
BDM Compomotive lightweight wheels
AIM MXL with smarty cam overlay, datalogging dash
Intercooler
Blow off valve