Quote of the day!

Hendrik

Boy Racer
Feel free to share a good or funny quote you find somewhere or you know of, let me get started with this stunner:

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
:yeah: :rofl:

I do agree with the Mod perspective, and understand that you have to have a broad outline of discipline on the forum.

I also admit to getting out of hand at times.

I have learnt my lessons and intend to post properly, in future.

Guess who?:finger

one of my delegates... I work training call centre agents BTW

"I can do it fine when there is no-one on the phone..."

I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!

General Baron Kurt Von Hammerstein-Equord
Oct 1933

Classic!

I always liked this one -

I drink champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty. ~ Madame Lilly Bollinger

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
- Roosevelt.

another

"It costs so much to be a full human being that there are very few who have the enlightenment, or the courage, to pay the price…. One has to abandon altogether the search for security, and reach out to the risk of living with both arms. One has to embrace the world like a lover and yet demand no easy return of love. One has to accept pain as a condition of existence. One has to court doubt and darkness as the cost of knowing. One needs a will stubborn in conflict but apt always to the total acceptance of every consequence of living and dying."
The Shoes of the Fisherman (1963).

One from my (late) wife to me...

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did.
So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour, catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain.

Back