Quick jaunt to AM Gayden yesterday

labrit

Ring Warrior
My old man is upgrading to the 2015 Vanquish Volante - they lent him a 64 plate with the new 8 speed gearbox to compare to his previous Vanquish (2014 6 speed) and he said it's phenomenal and much needed upgrade, that the gear changes are seemless and far more responsive. I'm going to have a drive of it tomorrow night but for him to say what a huge difference it is, it must be quite special as he doesn't usually comment nor notice things like that.

The production line was nice to see and the way the spec cars is rather old school - no configerator, all done by hand! Had a nice feel to the place.

Nice morning out, some pics:

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

if they had put that new 8 speed box in the V12 Vantage SP, I would have had one.......

apart from squeezing through emissions/consumption/noise legislation, and numerically outdoing the competition, why does any car need so many gears ?

Was £28k for my conversion in my vanquish in 2008. Did a great job and it transformed the car. Still far too many cheap plastics in the cockpit, but did feel more in keeping.....

Back