Proud of this one

Assume the roof had a good coat of looking at , it looks from the pictures tired and has to be at least 30 years old , I think Crendon folded around 1990, will be a shame to have drips from leaks or condensation in the winter dripping on the ceiling , was any insulation added to the roof to reduce condensation risks

Assume the roof had a good coat of looking at , it looks from the pictures tired and has to be at least 30 years old , I think Crendon folded around 1990, will be a shame to have drips from leaks or condensation in the winter dripping on the ceiling , was any insulation added to the roof to reduce condensation risks

Yes fully sheeted up between roof and suspended , laborious task!

Yes fully sheeted up between roof and suspended , laborious task!

That’s good for catching small condensation drips etc , let’s hope the roof has a few more years left before it needs any maintenance , won’t be easy if you can’t get to the underside but if serious I assume you could remove the suspended ceiling locally. Certainly looks a lot better than the agricultural barn it was before

Crendon are next door to us, but they only do timber structures here.

Cracking Transform, well done - but one thing I thought was missed was that shabby old roof and guttering let the whole thing down.

Was the owner trying to disguise the buildings use from planning (no obvious change from the air) so that planning aircraft and google earth would not see any change?

Cracking Transform, well done - but one thing I thought was missed was that shabby old roof and guttering let the whole thing down.

Was the owner trying to disguise the buildings use from planning (no obvious change from the air) so that planning aircraft and google earth would not see any change?
I thought this too. Quite a lot of change but the roof and the guttering unchanged.

Actually has planning, he didn’t want to change roof or guttering. Family politics and budget I believe. Guttering will be changed I’m told, we wouldn’t touch as asbestos.

That’s good for catching small condensation drips etc , let’s hope the roof has a few more years left before it needs any maintenance , won’t be easy if you can’t get to the underside but if serious I assume you could remove the suspended ceiling locally. Certainly looks a lot better than the agricultural barn it was before

Yes fully serviceable from suspended and easy to replace tiles if water or other damaged. Tiles also vinyl clad.

Actually has planning, he didn’t want to change roof or guttering. Family politics and budget I believe. Guttering will be changed I’m told, we wouldn’t touch as asbestos.

If you get another and you need to work on the roof before you say no find out if it’s asbestos or fibre cement , in the 70’s the asbestos scare broke and a lot of manufactures went to fibre cement for the sheets using fibres to reinforce the sheets rather than asbestos fibres

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibre_cement

If you get another and you need to work on the roof before you say no find out if it’s asbestos or fibre cement , in the 70’s the asbestos scare broke and a lot of manufactures went to fibre cement for the sheets using fibres to reinforce the sheets rather than asbestos fibres

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibre_cement

Visually the old roof works well, I can’t show but there’s some old properties (farmers parents in one) in very close proximity to the barn.

Back