Projects: RUF R Turbo 650

ErikB

Boy Racer
Hello everyone,

I hope it's ok to start a "project thread" about my friend's car?

The car 2 years ago, with a RUF 550 hp package

1RUF-Feb-07-39.JPG

1RUF-Feb-07-21.jpg

1RUF-Feb-07-22.jpg

On the Gellerasen race track. (pic by Viktor)

1RUF-Feb-07-20.jpg

BBS centre bolt

1RUF-Feb-07-23.jpg

1RUF-Feb-07-19.jpg

Tire pressure warning

1RUF-Feb-07-9.jpg

No rear viper

1RUF-Feb-07-13.jpg

Ohlins

1RUF-Feb-07-11.jpg

Carbon fibre hood

1RUF-Feb-07-10.jpg

Last edited:
Thats pretty awesome!

But the car looks to be having an identity crisis!

Fat man spec turbo with all the other fancy bits...

I'm sure the car is a cracker, but for the cost of all those mods etc - it cant be far off getting into CGT territory. I know what I'd rather have.

I was bitten by the modding bug once, and its a habit I am truly glad I have managed to put behind me.

How do you manage the air intakes now? Find it hard to believe the car is still performing at full power & quality now that the intakes are gone! :dontknow:

How do you manage the air intakes now? Find it hard to believe the car is still performing at full power & quality now that the intakes are gone! :dontknow:

They're not gone ;) In fact the air is now even closer to the ICs. Hopefully it's more efficent. These are the R turbo air intakes, rebuilt down at Ruf.

Look again

RUF-Aug-2007-7.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure the car is a cracker, but for the cost of all those mods etc - it cant be far off getting into CGT territory. I know what I'd rather have.

A CGT is always a CGT, but this car is a bit quicker.

We did running starts vs. a CGT and after roughly 1400 m the speedo on the R Turbo was ~320 km/h and the CGT had only about 290-295 km/h.

In the start they were pretty even, but soon the Ruf took away, In the higher speed the CGT has no chance.

_MG_8202.JPG

_MG_8203.JPG

And vs. a Ruf Rt12

_MG_8258.jpg

Note that the grey-silver car has very similar specs to the black one, but it's not the same car.
In theory the black one should be a little bit faster, but it has yet to be proven.

Last edited:
Looks good! Would love one of these although, similar to Moz I'd probably want a CGT first in my stable.

I don't agree. Perhaps it looks that way because all pics aren't there and sometimes in the wrong order?

I mean that it is a turbo that has been turned into a track car, something that will never make sense to me:finger

Still a cracking motor though:D

I mean that it is a turbo that has been turned into a track car, something that will never make sense to me:finger

Oh, I see. Well the car has been on a diet, but I get your point.
I think it's in the low 1.500 kgs now, around 100 kgs from the GT3 mk2.

Ruf-Aug-2007-245.jpg

Ruf-Aug-2007-103.jpg

GT2 rear seat.

1RUF-Feb-07-1.jpg

Brake scoops

1-Mars-2007-1.jpg

p96181.gif

060301_80.jpg

060301_87.jpg

CTR2 - my all time favourite :yeah:

RUFAug200716.jpg

CTR3