Porsche Speedster detailed

jk83

Boy Racer
Following on from the Ferrari Testarossa detail I thought this smaller white Speedster would be a slightly shorter job. However with some super tough paint it still took 26 hrs to complete!

Video of the job now available on youtube. Enjoy... dont forget to change it to 720HD

[video=youtube;C7Q1MypLEU0&hd=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Q1MypLEU0&hd=1[/video]

The process was the same as the Testarossa...

The hood cover was plastic or fibreglass and some marks around the edge where the hood rubs didn't come out 100%.

Before
PorscheSpeedster-001.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-002.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-003.jpg

After
PorscheSpeedster-004.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-005.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-006.jpg

Finished car..
PorscheSpeedster-007.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-008.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-009.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-010.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-011.jpg

The old protective film to stop the hood mechanism rubbing on the paint had gone yellow so this was replaced.
PorscheSpeedster-012.jpg

So invisible now you can hardly see it!
PorscheSpeedster-013.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-014.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-015.jpg

PorscheSpeedster-016.jpg

Thanks for looking again.

Last edited:
Bit disappointed with the photos of a white car :( This one definitely looked better in the flesh!

Glad your happy again Danny... this one almost didn't get finished..... either that or you would have turned up Saturday morning and found a very hungry Nathan sleeping on the workshop floor! I'd just finished as the late worker from next door came in to tell me he was leaving for the night (this was 10pm).

Got to say I LOVE this car. Yeah I had a poster of a Testarossa on my wall as a kid (Its gone now honest) but this speedster was special.

The Very reason I bought the Testarossa was because I used to have the Poster on my wall, it depicts a period of every 30 something's childhood and lets face it no one in their right mind would buy one for driving pleasure!

The Speedster on the other hand, has been my dream car since 1989.....And what a Car...

Video of the job now available on youtube. Enjoy... dont forget to change it to 720HD

[video=youtube;C7Q1MypLEU0&hd=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Q1MypLEU0&hd=1[/video]

OMG!!!! I want one....what a beautiful car!!!! tell me more how old is she Danny????

great job there :)

Back