Porsche 996/997 GT3/GT2 378mm performance brake conversion

Ninemeister

Ninemeister are proud to be shortly releasing a performance 378mm big brake conversion to fit all 996 GT3/RS which uses a MKII wheel or similar and all 997 GT3's and RS's.

Some more information on the brake discs used.They are designed to be used with the factory 996 MKII GT3 caliper onwards. Kit includes everything needed (rotor, hat and hardware) for a single rotor replacement.
2-piece discs offer better cooling and reduced weight over a one-piece design.Ninemeisters full floating Direct Drive attachment system allows the brake disc to naturally expand/contract on both radially and axially without being constrained by the hub. This helps eliminate disc warping, vibrations and pulsations.Due to the desing of the Brake discs in comparison to the competition we found them to be a lot quiter in operation.
The hat assembly is completely reusable - no need to buy the entire assembly again! All that would need to be replaced is the rotor which is relativley cheap once the conversion has been purchased.

Conversion consists :

2 x 378mm floating rotors
2 x hard anodised machined rotor hats fitted
1 x set of Brake pads specify road or race variants
2 x complete fitting kits
2 x mounting brackets
4 x extra length bolts
12 x squeal shims
2 x spring plates

Calipers and hubs do require modifications at no detrimant to and can be referred back to standard without an issue.

Costings to follow.

any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Attachments

• P1060670.JPG
    P1060670.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 49
  • P1060671.JPG
    P1060671.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 19
  • P1060672.JPG
    P1060672.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 22
  • P1060674.JPG
    P1060674.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 27
  • P1060675.JPG
    P1060675.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 22
  • P1060680.JPG
    P1060680.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 46
  • P1060679.JPG
    P1060679.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
the disc are basically the same as the 997 gt3 rsr disc the manufacturer slightly mod them for me so i can fit my floating system to them as the rsr has solid non floating centerlock system.so i know they work.the floating parts are from the SLR MECLAREN .and 6 months r and d to make the whole package.

the disc are basically the same as the 997 gt3 rsr disc the manufacturer slightly mod them for me so i can fit my floating system to them as the rsr has solid non floating centerlock system.so i know they work.the floating parts are from the SLR MECLAREN .and 6 months r and d to make the whole package.

Nice to have another option - they look the part for sure.

Hi
who manufactures the discs and what kind of tests have been carried out?

It's Performance Friction, if you look for the 'cut'n'paste' error.

On Performance Frictions website they quote for a lot of their discs:

"Performance Friction's Direct Drive Rotor Conversions are....."

what we have above is:

"Ninemeisters Friction's full floating Direct Drive...."

So guess who tried to replace 'Performance Friction' with 'Ninemeister', but didn't quite do it right :D

Sounds like a good conversion though and the advantage of the PF, opps sorry Ninemeister, kits are they can just replace the rotors not the hats each time.

Do they have the problem of the other pf kits which require you to use their pads due to clearance probs?

stainless bells (like pccb) would be really nice - any chance of an option??:D

...shame about he caliper/hub mods you mention too (imho).....

Last edited:
only the rotors are pf not the fixings and bells they are ninemeister the rotors are modified for 9m so they fit the fixings. the bells are hard anodised and made from top quality alloy.its not worth to make them in stainless adding weight and more costs.the pads will be pf pad specially designed to fit 378mm discs and the standard 6 pot calipers.the hub mod only makes the thread stronger in the hub to allow for the extra load.and the caliper mod is a small inner casting lug to be skimmed to allow for expansion.

only the rotors are pf not the fixings and bells they are ninemeister the rotors are modified for 9m so they fit the fixings. the bells are hard anodised and made from top quality alloy.its not worth to make them in stainless adding weight and more costs.the pads will be pf pad specially designed to fit 378mm discs and the standard 6 pot calipers.the hub mod only makes the thread stronger in the hub to allow for the extra load.and the caliper mod is a small inner casting lug to be skimmed to allow for expansion.

...still think that stainless bells are worth the cost and the weight (no heavier than std. steel ones, surely?)... it'd be a shame to be fitting new discs onto a manky-looking used hub when a stainless one would clean-up real easy and make the whole lot look like new! ... just my ten-penneth....:D

i can produce them in stainless for special request but with hard anodised they will not look mankey not like usual anodiesing. ps they will cost more than double for the bells in stainless..

It's Performance Friction, if you look for the 'cut'n'paste' error.

On Performance Frictions website they quote for a lot of their discs:

"Performance Friction's Direct Drive Rotor Conversions are....."

what we have above is:

"Ninemeisters Friction's full floating Direct Drive...."

So guess who tried to replace 'Performance Friction' with 'Ninemeister', but didn't quite do it right :D

Sounds like a good conversion though and the advantage of the PF, opps sorry Ninemeister, kits are they can just replace the rotors not the hats each time.

Actually, if I may be so bold to correct you Guy, Marc has rightly stated that the 9m set up is the direct result of over two years of development & testing of various disc/bell/mounting combinations that we & our engineering partner has been through to find the best possible package for GT cars. I fully understand that it's all too easy when seeing parts like this crop up on the internet to make the false assumptions, however in this case you have clearly come to the wrong conclusion since PF & their UK distributor have seen what we have done with the disc and have now asked us if they can buy the bell & hardware off us to distribute the 9m parts in Europe .....

We still have more work to do on the caliper mounting to turn this into a full package for the 6 & 7GT3, however that work is in hand and we should be able to finish it some time in March in time for the new trackday & race season.

Colin

Actually, if I may be so bold to correct you Guy, Marc has rightly stated that the 9m set up is the direct result of over two years of development & testing of various disc/bell/mounting combinations that we & our engineering partner has been through to find the best possible package for GT cars. I fully understand that it's all too easy when seeing parts like this crop up on the internet to make the false assumptions, however in this case you have clearly come to the wrong conclusion since PF & their UK distributor have seen what we have done with the disc and have now asked us if they can buy the bell & hardware off us to distribute the 9m parts in Europe .....

We still have more work to do on the caliper mounting to turn this into a full package for the 6 & 7GT3, however that work is in hand and we should be able to finish it some time in March in time for the new trackday & race season.

Colin

No problem. I wasn't criticising you, just amused at the 'cut'n'paste'. The fact that your using a PF disc with your setup is a big positive, I used them on my GT2 and they were the best discs I ever had.

How much would this cost to fit to a 997 GT2 and would it be an upgrade on PCCB?

Also how easy to fit ? And how long would it take a very competent mechanic to install?

Oh and would they fit inside the Dymags?

hi i am still finalising all the costings.eill be finishing all specs on 997 in the next couple of weeks.if the dymags are 19 inch then deff yes if 18inch i will need the offset measurment and the inside rim diamension (from the back of the spokes inward for the first 3 inches) cheers mc............:D

How much would this cost to fit to a 997 GT2 and would it be an upgrade on PCCB?

Also how easy to fit ? And how long would it take a very competent mechanic to install?

Oh and would they fit inside the Dymags?

why? No upgrade to PCCB. Just cheaper (they better be!)

Back