Passport control at the Tunnel

Chris

Odin, Father of the North
On the return from the ring, we got stuck in a large tailback for the tunnel passport control..

I obviously avoided the lane with the buses in as these would take ages to clear all the passports of the passengers...

But no...they only looked at the drivers passport and cleared the control area quicker than a two person car...:eek: :eek:

So when it was my turn I asked the customs guy about the bus check procedure, he said "well they should check all the passports but they don't"....:wall :wall :wall

So if you need to get into the country just book a bus trip...:wall :wall

thats disgusting... the even sodding looked in my boot at dover.. to make sure i wasn't taking any immigrants away with me !!

I brought a car home from Germany once (tax free military sales selling into the uk market) and forgot my passport! Remembered a hour from Calais and just showed my military ID to get into the UK and once on the bus to go back to Germany, passport control asked us all to wave our passports as he stood at the doorway. I just ducked behind the seats! Staggering really...

I brought a car home from Germany once (tax free military sales selling into the uk market) and forgot my passport! Remembered a hour from Calais and just showed my military ID to get into the UK and once on the bus to go back to Germany, passport control asked us all to wave our passports as he stood at the doorway. I just ducked behind the seats! Staggering really...

The French saw you, saw your ID and thought you were invading, they surrendered and let you through :)

Back