Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Will Wait for bigger film

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I can Live with the half kit as the line doesnt bother me

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Guam

HI Guys

While waiting for 3M to decide about 54" and 60" film we have revised the full bonnet designs to give clients more choice!

Here are some pics of the old full hood design then the version 2 design with some photos of it on a car in the US, please note this is not 3M film on the car in the pictures (it is Avery). So the orange peel is a lot greater than on the SGH, the purpose of the pics is to show you where the new lines would be in the interim, while waiting for bigger film. There are no price differences on either solution, just a matter of personal choice.

Can you let me have some opinions on this revision, as we do value feedback. Incidentally please remember it is only late model porkers (996, 986, 997, 987 and caymans) that have this issue as well as astons. Other supercars and 993/64 type 911's are one piece bonnets.

Cheers

Tom

Attachments

• P2502AS.gif
    P2502AS.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 2
  • P2502BW.gif
    P2502BW.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Porsche hood v2A.jpg
    Porsche hood v2A.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Porsche hood v2B.jpg
    Porsche hood v2B.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 12
  • Porsche hood v2C.jpg
    Porsche hood v2C.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Porsche hood v2D.jpg
    Porsche hood v2D.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 11
Are you saying that version 2 will be full sheet coverage or is it as in diagram 2 with the little corner pieces.

Personally when mine is done I would prefer one sheet cover but if this is not possible then the preference would be diag 2.

Having the bumper done on the CSL tomorrow so should be a good gauger for me.

HI Viper Yes for the interim version 2 is what would be offered (version one will always be available if someone prefers that) clearly as you can see from version 2 of the design once bigger film arrives eliminating the two triangles would be simplicity itself :)

The point is we will always try to get the best we can out of the raw material available and I personally believe that this approach is a better one in the interim period :)
Thanks for the feedback :)

Cheers

Tom

Hi Viper

From memory Autoshades in sutton are doing the CSL correct? Obviously on the full kits we still do those direct ourselves, as we have yet to have them back up here for re-training on the full kits :) We do have a guy over in the shropshire area who is just about ready to be cut loose on these and then Autoshades will be next in line for retraining on the full kits.

Cheers

Tom:)

Are you saying that version 2 will be full sheet coverage or is it as in diagram 2 with the little corner pieces.

Personally when mine is done I would prefer one sheet cover but if this is not possible then the preference would be diag 2.

Having the bumper done on the CSL tomorrow so should be a good gauger for me.

He's in the process of doing the bumper on the CSL as we speak.

I'll get you to do the RS at the Dea;ler when it arrives up North somewhere.

I had the CSL bumper painted 6 weeks ago and went out in it Saturday for the first time since....Did 25 miles and already got french fries on me new bumper.....Gutted.

Got to go check on the progress....bye

Had my Gallardo fitted from new by Paintsheild.
Nearly 2 years on, and 12000 miles, fit and finish is still perfect.
I can strongly recommend these guys.

Back