New suit required....

Chris

Odin, Father of the North
Ok chaps...

Need to get a couple of new suits.....

Only going to be training and tubing it...so nothing too good, but needs to be light and durable...

Any ideas...i.e. Brand, shop....etc...:confused:

Paul Smith there not cheap but comfortable if you spending all day in them and lighweight meaning you don't sit there sweeting your left one off on the train :D

Don't laugh... Marks & Spencers Italian range.

Very nice suits, wear well and are priced well. I have two hand made Italian suits and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between them and the M&S ones I have.

The key is to find a good tailor and spend £25.00s getting the suit fitted to you once you've bought it

I agree with the M&S Italian range, they are actually quite good. Obviously not for nicer occasions like weddings or nights out but for day to day wear in a warehouse (yep, I work in one) they are fine. Anyone know much about the Charles Tyrwhitt ones? On their website they go on about Saville Row inspired blah blah and at £290 pretty good value. They have endless sales as well, so will wait for summer and pick up 2 day to day ones for hopefully £200 a piece. Can't be arsed to go into shops and try them on as I am a 38R and I just need to find a decent place to take the waist in and sort the lenght out.

skitt said:

You commute from the bed to the computer in your house... a suit to you is a clean pair of pants (and even then that's just for when you have a client meeting!),; so what do you know?!? :p

nomis said:
You commute from the bed to the computer in your house... a suit to you is a clean pair of pants (and even then that's just for when you have a client meeting!),; so what do you know?!? :p

Don't bother with clean pants just turn the old ones inside out :D

nomis said:
I have a great place near Ascot, if it helps Anis?

Bit far from me. Do they do other alterations as well? Have a couple of smart/casual blazers that are too big for me and need to be altered.

I bought a D&G suit a few years back from the London Fashion Show (wifes idea not mine) then went to a place in Mayfair to get it altered as I lost a lot of weight from the time I bought it to the first time I wore it. The suit cost £400 (hence the reason for buying), the alterations cost £300 :eek: . I was not best pleased.

Use Hollingtons in Coggeshall Essex. They do a nice suit for 150 -300 Quid and alterations cost 2 quid each.. old fashioned service.. They sell loakes shoes, armani fabrics, etc .. saville row shirts.. etc

Well worth it..

anissut said:
Bit far from me. Do they do other alterations as well? Have a couple of smart/casual blazers that are too big for me and need to be altered.

No! that's what they are - very good alterations company! :wall :)

Next Italian range are cheap and good enough for every day - I normally buy 2 pairs of trousers and 1 jacket.

Jez

Got my last 2 suit made in Taiwan by a tailor round the corner from the hotel I stay in.
They can make one in 3 days, shirts take day or two.
I can choose the fabric and the style, and it all fits and costs no more than M&S.

I'm off there again tomorrow and will be out for 5 nights.
I plan to get some more trousers and a few shirts.

Austin Reed or Aquascutum are nice and not flash like Armani / Zegna / Dior.

I wish I could get stuff to fit! I have to day to day on Centaur stuff from Debenhams...:scared:

M&S. :wall

Phatgixer said:
Austin Reed or Aquascutum are nice and not flash like Armani / Zegna / Dior.

I wish I could get stuff to fit! I have to day to day on Centaur stuff from Debenhams...:scared:

M&S. :wall
Boss are great...but a little too good me finks for the tube....

Austin Read, some are ok the others are shite and wear out quickly...hence my post...

I find the NHS suits work fine for me - they supply them FOC and they are really comfortable too ...... You might get some looks though going on the tube in theatre blues :D :D

Yep, I get green, brown and black suits on the firm. They supply footwear, coats and hats for the staff too. Very comfortable and pratical.

We can also make up humourous t-shirts too
british_soldier.jpg

Back