New Helmet options please.

Sutters

Boy Racer
Ok I own a full face Bell II which is fine but I find it a tad hot at times.

I know the "what helmet have you got" subject has been done, Im interested in your views on open faced or the Toca looking hlelmets with visor which seem to be popular to those that drive with a roof above their heads. (DTM, Aussie V8, FIA GT etc..)

Open face example : http://www.demontweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=BEL25400003

Touring car jobbies example: http://www.demontweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=SLO300L

Cheers.

I have this one

http://www.demontweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=OMPSC710-L

OMPSC710.jpg

Good ventilation and the pull down visor is really useful as I don't like having sunglasses on as the arms press against the side of the head.

There is a new helmet in this range that looks to have a bit more ventilation in the chin guard and more vents which will aid talking to an instructor/pax

OMP_SPEED.jpg

So the one Daiman posted which is full face but slightly more open than your open top racing /bike helmets is ok then angus?

I use a peltor Rally pro (as in Jez pic above)

Used by the majority of WRC drivers over the years - certainly one of the better open faced helmets out there

Just can't get on with full face in a car - feels too confined to be comfy - a good harness or G lock should keep you well away from the steering wheel

Taken in what you guys said about bashing ones chin etc..so gone for the full face Touring car style, infact its number 2 of the couple Damian posted up by OMP and for the record I am size small! 22.5 inches ooh er!

May thanks.

Oh a new pair of Puma race boots to, well most of the pressies the Mrs and kids got me are going back so thought id treat my self!

That would mean getting off my butt and heading North and Im doing that in Feb so twice in 3 months is a bit too much to ask also the cost of getting there etc..and seeing everything Ive watched race last year (most in persoin) will be more than the discount so :p back to you!:finger

Try buying it from the states. The dollar is weak. I got my Hans ready GP5K from The states and save 250 quid! I think i bought it from saferacer.com

So the one Daiman posted which is full face but slightly more open than your open top racing /bike helmets is ok then angus?

The aperture on racing helmets is usually a smaller slit vertically and horizontally, meaning it is a stronger construction. Bike helmets have very strict parameters on the aperture size for vision purposes. Having said that I would say a bike helmet would be fine for trackday work in a saloon car. When I compared my Arai RX7XX bike lid with my GP5 racing helmet, the difference in aperture size is quite marked.

The motorsport show is on Thursday - Sun next week. Pop up there and perhaps bag a bargain :tu

Mines an Arai - I ordered a bell from Demon Tweeks, but sent it back - the build-quality was so very very poor compared to the Arai - Bell are now made in Belgium!!!! did Belgium EVER make anything good?

Are you going Angus? I will be but not sure what day yet as I need to get another suit, lid and boots

Friday, most probably. I think MSA licence holders are able to get in Thurs and Fri. Verge, Tim Mullen and Phil will be there most likely so we could have a spot of lunch and take the piss out of Bennett. :)

Back