My god

Thorney

Banned
The channel tunnel facility in France is a souless place at 2.30am in the morning.

Top tip, when driving 1000 miles back from Italy to pick up a development car from an exhaust manufacturer don't get nicked for doing 117mph by French plod thereby missing the 1.18am last train back.

I've had easier days

It's even worse when you turn up 26 hours early and then spend 20 minutes arguing they're wrong, before you realise it's the wrong day :rofl:

It's even worse when you turn up 26 hours early and then spend 20 minutes arguing they're wrong, before you realise it's the wrong day :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Should've nipped over to the ferries... Did that last year after driving back from Monaco. Had a train booked but there was no way we were going to make it so jsut went straight to the ferry terminal. 330am I might add.. :D

Did you get tugged in Northern France ?? If yes one tip is to come off the Motorways before the coast & play on the back roads, loads more fun & mainly plod free . TYhey seem to be setting loads of traps for "tourists" rushing to the coast

Thorney you want this in the lobby ?

On public view remember?

Makes no difference, I got caught, paid the fine - my debt to society is done:D

Crappy one really, over a blind sweeping corner and he was parked behind a tree just off the main carriageway, not really a lot I could've done (well, driven slower but that aint likely is it :)) on the E25 about 350miles from Calais so hardly in the peak fine grabbing zone.

I was unlucky in that I got an 'Adjudant' (pretty senior?) who was training a junior officer, senior guy knew naff all eeenglish and my French is right up there with Allo Allo but younger bloke was pretty good. They didn't like I only had my licence (didn't help when I said 'leecence' in Fench accent and it made me think of the Inspecter Clueseau (sic) moment when he asks if the "minkey has a leecence" so he went off on one about documents I should be carrying.

Anyhoo, he asks how he can tell its my car, at which point younger bloke laughs and points out its says "Thorney Motorsport" all over it so he relents a bit. He says it should be a E750 fine and licence taken away but after a chat with younger bloke he says "follow me to office" and they drag me through 45mins of paperwork, breath test etc and he says E135 only - drive slower now.

Young bloke saves me I think, when the older guys puts car make and model down he chips in "non, non n'est pa M trois, c'est un CSL" which surprised me as my car is debadged and didn't think CSl was well known in France.

Net result, all three cops come out when I'm done and ask me to rev it up a bit before I go! lol, if only UK cops were like this sometimes.

Makes no difference, I got caught, paid the fine - my debt to society is done:D

Crappy one really, over a blind sweeping corner and he was parked behind a tree just off the main carriageway, not really a lot I could've done (well, driven slower but that aint likely is it :)) on the E25 about 350miles from Calais so hardly in the peak fine grabbing zone.

I was unlucky in that I got an 'Adjudant' (pretty senior?) who was training a junior officer, senior guy knew naff all eeenglish and my French is right up there with Allo Allo but younger bloke was pretty good. They didn't like I only had my licence (didn't help when I said 'leecence' in Fench accent and it made me think of the Inspecter Clueseau (sic) moment when he asks if the "minkey has a leecence" so he went off on one about documents I should be carrying.

Anyhoo, he asks how he can tell its my car, at which point younger bloke laughs and points out its says "Thorney Motorsport" all over it so he relents a bit. He says it should be a E750 fine and licence taken away but after a chat with younger bloke he says "follow me to office" and they drag me through 45mins of paperwork, breath test etc and he says E135 only - drive slower now.

Young bloke saves me I think, when the older guys puts car make and model down he chips in "non, non n'est pa M trois, c'est un CSL" which surprised me as my car is debadged and didn't think CSl was well known in France.

Net result, all three cops come out when I'm done and ask me to rev it up a bit before I go! lol, if only UK cops were like this sometimes.

Makes you feel better when you consider what would have happened to you in the UK. You'd be looking at the Bus timetable today.

Back