Mini Cooper JCW WC50 #248 detailed

jk83

Boy Racer
Afternoon.

The WC50 for those that dont know is basically another special edition costing about £31k with all the toys on the inside and some carbon and black bits on the outside :)

The fun part is that these are 'hand painted and finished' in Connaught Green.

The Connaught Green is non metallic and actually pretty soft and on this car.. very thin! 80-90um so I didn't chase every single deep mark which was frustrating.

On arrival at 8am
GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-01.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-02.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-03.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-04.jpg

Usual wash process:
Acid free wheels
Megs Hyper wash foam
Megs Shampoo wash

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-06.jpg

Clayed with Souns mild blue. Quite a lot of contamination for such a new car

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-07.jpg

Polishing was done with Menz IP3.02 in some areas, Menz 203S in others and then refined with Menz 106FA on a DA polisher.

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-09.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-10.jpg

Before
GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-11.jpg

After
GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-12.jpg

Before
GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-13.jpg

After
GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-14.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-15.jpg

The vinyl stripe was polished as well which brought out lots of dirt as you can see (sort of) in this 50/50 shot.

Top half polished and cleaner / bottom half un touched and actually quite dirty.
GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-08.jpg

Polishing took ages for such a small car. I was applying Blackfire paint sealant to each panel as I went round and buffing off after 5-10 minutes. When the whole car was complete it was then given a coat of Vintage wax.

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-16.jpg

This was left to cure for a while while the wheels were sealed and tyres were dressed, plastics dressed and glass cleaned.

And the finished shots...

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-17.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-18.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-19.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-20.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-21.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-22.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-23.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-24.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-25.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-26.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-27.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-28.jpg

GarrysMiniCooperJCWWC50-29.jpg

[video=youtube;W68yjOp776U&hd=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W68yjOp776U&hd=1[/video]

Thanks for looking.

Oh, and tell the owner he needs to use the brakes ;)

The discs always get a bit of surface rust as after its washed its always just slowly put in the garage so the water doesn't get skimmed off. Handbrake was off and they will just skim clean next time its used.

great job!!

I've always liked that edition, looks like a very dark green in photos, paint on the GP is the same, so thin.....

Well its got seats in the back like the normal mini.... but whether you can actually fit humans into them I'd question its 4 seater status!

I've got the same seats in my Mini and can easily fit 4 people who are about 6' tall in it... The rear seats are quite low so can fit a taller person than you'd think.

Great job, jesus, hand painted usually comes out pretty thick in my experience! my 355 was about 450 in places!

Yeah strange. can only think they were sanded to death but then the paint wasnt as mirror flat as an aston or lambo... strange

Very strange, that GTR i had was wafer thin, but that is really spartan!

Back