Mercedes 560 SEC detailed

jk83

Boy Racer
Evening..

Yesterday I finally got round to detailing Nicks Mercedes SEC.

Now I'm sorry to have to upset many people on here who saw that Elite Detail now offer a service costing over £7000. My service I am afraid does not cost £7000... rather.. prices start at a very reasonable £500 for a full correction like this. If this offends or upsets anyone then I am happy to negotiate a price between £500 and £7000. Please email for details :D

The day started with a good wash for the wheels, arches, body, shuts etc. The car was then dried and clayed. Then the long fun job of perfecting the paint started.

The roof was original paint and needed a heavy cut polish to get through the swirls and then a medium-fine cut to polish out the marks left by the heavy cut polish.

Before
NicksMercedes560SEC-01.jpg

After
NicksMercedes560SEC-02.jpg

Same on the sunroof... Before
NicksMercedes560SEC-03.jpg

After
NicksMercedes560SEC-04.jpg

This shot of the rear of the roof shows the marks left by the heavy cut polish... otherwise knows as buffer trails for those who dont know.

Before
NicksMercedes560SEC-05.jpg

After
NicksMercedes560SEC-06.jpg

NicksMercedes560SEC-07.jpg

The near side rear quarter had previously be painted and required several hits with the heavy cut before refining with the finer polish.

Before
NicksMercedes560SEC-08.jpg

After
NicksMercedes560SEC-09.jpg

As did the boot lid...

Before
NicksMercedes560SEC-10.jpg

After
NicksMercedes560SEC-11.jpg

NicksMercedes560SEC-12.jpg

The paint was the protected with Blackfire Paint Sealant, and all other finishing dressings etc were carried out.

NicksMercedes560SEC-13.jpg

NicksMercedes560SEC-14.jpg

NicksMercedes560SEC-15.jpg

NicksMercedes560SEC-16.jpg

NicksMercedes560SEC-17.jpg

NicksMercedes560SEC-18.jpg

NicksMercedes560SEC-19.jpg

NicksMercedes560SEC-20.jpg

NicksMercedes560SEC-21.jpg

Left Nicks place at 11pm!! Long day.. Great result though.

Thanks for looking.

Nick, that looks bloody lovely ! I also own an SEC but nowhere near as nice as yours !! But I love the car, think they look superb & just love the way they woft along. Where did you get your car from, Private or dealer ?

What a beautiful car. I need to show these pictures to my dad. He used to have 3 560 SEC and he keeps on telling me how great the car was.

Stunning car, superb job.

Thanks.

Nick, that looks bloody lovely ! I also own an SEC but nowhere near as nice as yours !! But I love the car, think they look superb & just love the way they woft along. Where did you get your car from, Private or dealer ?

In truth Sean, the car is mint save for one bumper trim that needs replacing and yes it does waft along. Poor old Nathan, he laboured over the car from 9.00am until 11.00 pm and that was just for the the paintwork. The pictures for once do not do his work justice as it now looks far better than the pictures make out.
The car was a private sale that I bought last April. I should sell it but cant seem to bring myself to do it.

What a beautiful car. I need to show these pictures to my dad. He used to have 3 560 SEC and he keeps on telling me how great the car was.

Stunning car, superb job.

Thanks.
Hendrik, Your old mans right you know, they are that good. Modern luxury cars just dont seem to float like these oldies can.

The roof was original paint and needed a heavy cut polish to get through the swirls and then a medium-fine cut to polish out the marks left by the heavy cut polish.

Thanks for looking.

Impressive.

What do you use for sealing the paintwork/wheels?

The paint was sealed with Blackfire paint sealant and the wheels were sealed with Blackfire metal sealant.

Can the headlamps be brought back to new by any method? Car looks pristine but is aged by greyed headlamps...

Whim purchase but I've just bought one of these albeit the 500SEC.

Pretty much 1 owner from new, ill post up some pics when she arrives.

FFS whats going on in here?

Is everyone that skint after the recession that we are having to pretend old shitboxes like this are cool all of a sudden? :finger

FFS whats going on in here?

Is everyone that skint after the recession that we are having to pretend old shitboxes like this are cool all of a sudden? :finger

They are easier to clock Moz - just a sign of a progressive PGT :alright:

Back