machine polishing

scooter

Daily Smoker
Today I should receive my puregt kit from cleanyourcar.co.uk. I am now thinking of purchasing a machine polisher so can you give me some guideance on which one to buy and which pads, polish, any other consumables I might need

Can you get any instruction dvd's for these things?

Cheers

Paul

Hi there

To start out I would recommend you try a Porter Cable. The other option is a rotary, but these are harder to use and can damage a car in the wrong hands. They say the only way to harm a car with a Porter Cable is to throw it at the car!!!

Talk to Tim @ CYC about a Porter Cable kit. You can import direct from US using Autopia. Autopia also sell the how to DVD's.

Even when you get one it won't be easy to get good results straight away. If you can't get some coaching from an experienced user I would get some scrap panels and try out on those.

Your biggest challenge will be to get a pad and polish combo to work with. I recommend Sonus SFX pads on the PC with Menzerna polishes. The Menzerna polishes are oily so can take a lot of working, which is good when starting out.

Thanks I'll give Tim a shout, I thought I would start on my BMW as it won't matter too much if I mess up. :rolleyes:

Another couple of questions if you don't mind

What product do you use for getting window rubbers back original?

What do you use for cleaning the microfibre around the sunroof?

Paul

BMW and Porsche paints can be some of the hardest so the Menz combo works well. I'd recommend buying the Menzerna Sample Kit from Tim.QUOTE]

Thanks I'll check it out with Tim

window rubbers I use Swissvax Pneu http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/swissol/wheels-and-tyres/swissvax-pneu/p_245.htmlQUOTE]

Ok

The microfibre around sunroof? Lint roller and brush it normally. Whats the condition of yours? QUOTE]

It is quite clean just got some towelling ans fibre on it so I gues the lint roller will be ok. Shouldn't need the shampoo.

Thanks for your help.:tu

Paul

Back