Lucky day

Andrew

Ring Warrior
After my bit of luck at breidscheid earlier, I thought that was it, I've used up my luck quotient for the time being, and after passing 3 closed fuel stations, was on the A1, with 0 miles left showing on the fuel gauge I thought I was going to be in serious trouble.

I passed a sign saying nearest fuelstation 50km....

I was tempted to just stop and call ADAC there and then, and try and get some fuel, but it was almost 1am, and I didn't fancy waiting in the dark on the side of a derestricted autobahn.

I turned off the aircon, radio, and was driving behind an articulated lorry, close enough to be getting a slip stream effect to ease economy as much as possible, and despite everything made it to the fuel station....

I put the filler in and set it going, and wandered off to clean the windscreen, when it clicked off this is what it said.

fueltank.jpg

According to the handbook the CSL's fuel tank is 63 litres. so I was very very lucky :)

I rewarded the car by ensuring it was BP Ultimate 100 fuel. (pump had 91, 95, 98, 100 - was an Aral fuel station)

Wow that was a close one :eek: , I've had about 15 - 20 miles out of mine when showing 0 didn't check how much I put back in though.

Wow!!!

Similar thing happened to us with the 7... something similar to your story and we drove with 80 behind the lorries and made it... the 7 has a 90l tank... we got 89.something into it..

oh happy day, I know the feeling mate! :D

Had a trip down to denmark with some friends a few years ago (together with AndersH). We drove an Alfa, and we filled up 3 liters more than the capacity of the tank.. So I guess it was EMPTY. :scared:

Had a trip down to denmark with some friends a few years ago (together with AndersH). We drove an Alfa, and we filled up 3 liters more than the capacity of the tank.. So I guess it was EMPTY. :scared:

I've always wondered if the capacity in the manual includes the filler pipe, or just the tank

Back