Lamborghini Gallardo

Damon

King Kong
Lamborghini Gallardo
What a beautiful car. This one has a Tubi exhaust system and the sound of it on fire up is incredible. Its two years old and in fair condition, the usual paint swirls and wash scratches. One area of note is the front end respray that was necessary after a high speedrun close to the back of another car on the way back from the Nordschleife. Unfortunately the respray was compromised by their finishing, buffer holograms all over it.

I was taken aback by how much leather was inside. Every surface finished in leather, the only plastics is the centre console and airbag covers. It took over an hour to use the Gliptone Liquid Leather combo, and I had to use the halogen lamps to help warm the cabin to get the best finish.

I had planned to use Swissol Divine for finishing, but after a test spot it was clear the ambient temperatures were too low. Took this pic in anticipation…

IMG_6988-vi.jpg

Swissol Divine has very high carnauba content and is extremely firm in its ‘resting’ state. Time was becoming an issue, so I used Swissol Best of Show as it works better in these conditions.

A fantastic experience and I am happy with the results so we put the car ‘to bed’

IMG_7062-vi.jpg

IMG_7065-vi.jpg

Interior
Gliptone Liquid Leather Cleaner
Gliptone Liquid Leather Conditioner
Sonus Cockpit Detailer

Exterior
Wheels P21s Wheel Cleaner
Sonus Tire & Bumper Dressing
Car-Lack68 Plastic Care

Paintwork Rotary with
Menzerna Intensive Polish on a Meguiars 6.5" Softbuff Cutting Pad
Menzerna Final Finish PO106FF on a Meguiars 6.5" SoftBuff Finishing Pad

Finishing
Swissol Paint Cleaner on a Sonus DAS Blue Pad
Swissol of Best of Show wax

IMG_7000-vi.jpg

Holograms from buffer after a front-end respray

IMG_6979-vi.jpg

IMG_6983-vi.jpg

IMG_6987-vi.jpg

Before and after

IMG_6966-vi.jpg

IMG_6971-vi.jpg

IMG_6989-vi.jpg

IMG_6995-vi.jpg

IMG_6998-vi.jpg

IMG_7002-vi.jpg

IMG_6970-vi.jpg

IMG_6977-vi.jpg

IMG_7008-vi.jpg

IMG_7018-vi.jpg

Interior
IMG_6954-vi.jpg

IMG_7024-vi.jpg

IMG_7025-vi.jpg

IMG_7031-vi.jpg

IMG_7036-vi.jpg
IMG_7037-vi.jpg

IMG_7038-vi.jpg

IMG_7053-vi.jpg

IMG_7054-vi.jpg

Fantastic job who did the cleaning on the Gallardo. It looks a professional job.

Love the car.......looks good! I passed Moz's house on Saturday to Milton Keynes and saw some people and cars all over Moz's place and I wondered what is going on.......

Now I can see the Gallardo is being cleaned, Moz is painting the garage etc.....:eek:

Err, me and thanks :tu

LOL

Damon - great job!!

Anyone considering Damon should just look at the number of cloths,waxes and other gubbins he has in the numerous boxes he carries when doing this job as it puts my bucket and sponge well in the shade, I can tell you :)

He's also as obsessive about getting a good finish as he says.

Personally, I think he's off his trolley :eek:

James.

The car has never looked so good during my ownership, I'm well pleased with it :)

Just got to get some decent flooring into that garage floor and get the walls done and it will be nicely stored away for the crappy winter months.

I'm looking forward to getting the 997 done next Damon :)

Err, me and thanks :tu

Wow, you did a GREAT job, the best one I've ever seen. Might want to use your services in the New Year....

My Dad's Bentley Arnage needs an awful a lot of cleaning, it's a bit of a mess and dirty. I'll give you a shout and I'll get the Arnage down from Suffolk to Aylesbury for you to clean it. And some of my cars as well :)

wow that looks awesome and moz must be pleased with your work omen.

those orange indicators need to go though. apart from that a wonderful piece of machinery.

liking the indoor cover as well. the tubis sound fantastic on gallardos and a very well made bit of exhaust kit!

My God, that's more appetising than the Bacon Sarnie thread! :yum: :yum:

[Homer mode]Mmmmmm, shiny Lambo.......[/Homer mode]

Looks awesome. and yes youre right it sounds fantastic .... that tubi is the best mod available for any car ever.. :)

Damon, I've booked you for a 360 Spyder and an AM DB9 Volante for the 2nd week in January (Cheshire area) - a mate of mine was WELL impressed with your work when I showed him the pics today.

Check your email and give him a call :)

I've also got him booked for 2 x 997 C2S (both colleagues of mine) and my CSL over Xmas, if we can agree a date.. everyone very impressed with the photos of his work.

Damon,

As you know, I've got car which is interested in this TLC ;) Let's arrange something with Mosi's 997 so it's a more worthwhile trip.

James.

I have to admit the Lambo does look very tasty now,

well done Damon, have to say that you do a very very professional job,

The cover fits so tight it is almost sexual:finger

I have to admit the Lambo does look very tasty now,

well done Damon, have to say that you do a very very professional job,

The cover fits so tight it is almost sexual:finger

Thanks Daz

I am beginning to wonder about myself. 4 or 5 times when doing the car I got Moz and various visitors to look at a panel and I'd say how I wasn't finished with it, they all looked at me like I was crazy :finger

I think I might take it too far, but there isn't a single mark on the car when I am finished :) and the results speak for themselves

A happy OCD'er (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Damon,

Spoke to my Dad about your job, are you happy to travel to Suffolk or shall I bring the Arnage to Aylesbury, whichever you prefer ?

Do you charge petrol expenses on top of your cleaning charges? Please let me know either by PM or on the open forum.

Thanks

Back