Lamborghini Gallardo gets the detailfinish

Damon

King Kong
A return to a car I'd detailed before for its previous owner.

A lovely Lamborghini Gallardo with Tubi exhaust.

IMG_1194-vi.jpg

Interactive gallery posted on my website here http://detailfinish.co.uk/blog/lamborghini-gallardo.htm

The car has been valeted and been through a handwash facility so I had to paint correct it again.

The interior was treated first. All leather being cleaned and fed with Gliptone's Liquid Leather. All shininess in the leather was removed and a wonderful soft and matt finish restored.

IMG_1203-vi.jpg

So the the wheels were cleaned using P21S Wheel Cleaner (pH Neutral), body work soaked with a citrus pre-wash from Valet PRO and prepared for the machine polishing with detailing clay before a final wash an rinse with distilled water.

Onto the paint correction

IMG_1166-vi.jpg

IMG_1167-vi.jpg

IMG_1168-vi.jpg

IMG_1170-vi.jpg

The paint correction took 3 hours.

Then the car was prepared for Swissvax Divine using Swissvax Paint Cleaner. The amazing Swissvax Divine was applied by hand and buffed to an amazing finish.

To finish the detail, all plastics and vinyl were fed with a nourishing UV protectorate. Finally the fabulous Tubi exhaust was polished and the glass polished and treated with RainX.

The finished car

IMG_1174-vi.jpg

IMG_1178-vi.jpg

IMG_1181-vi.jpg

IMG_1183-vi.jpg

IMG_1185-vi.jpg

IMG_1186-vi.jpg

IMG_1189-vi.jpg

IMG_1191-vi.jpg

IMG_1195-vi.jpg

IMG_1194Edit-vi.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the read as much as I enjoyed detailing this car

Best

Damon

Last edited:
Aye they do look a little unnatural. It was so bright at the end of the day. I've reduced the exposure to try and reduce the light, but thats the best I could do.

It did look good :yeah:

Nice... I actually prefer this car to the one Moz changed for !

Amazing how much swirling there was inflicted in the time between your details on it !!!! (not having a go at Guy, but it just shows how much damage us non-professionals do !!)

I'm trying out a new method of anti-swirl on my Exige...it's called "the zero bucket method" :D

Last edited:
Back