Klasse application question

Clive

Karkatoa
Bit of Kalsse twin advice please :)

I clayed the car then applied 1 coat of polish then 2 coats of sealant a few weeks back - looked really good

The car has been washed 2 or 3 times since - nothing heavy just insect removal and a bit of clay around wheel arches to remove trackday rubber

Should I apply Klasse polish again or just keep building up the sealant layers ? when it does come time to polish (how do I know when ? ) should sealant be removed first ? if so how ?

TIA :)

Hi Clive, hope you dont mind me starting a new thread...

Continue to layer the Sealant Glaze (SG)

The All-in-one (AIO) is a paint cleaner and polish preparing the surface for the SG. It leaves little on the surface once buffed off. So once done you shouldn't need to redo.

Claying will remove the SG so I would double up with SG over the areas you've clayed.

I would AOI the car once a year at the beginning of summer. Max twice if you wanted to winter prep it in the autumn.

Thanks for that :)

So when the time comes (autumn probabaly) I just wash the car and use AIO which will cleanse away the SG layers then reapply fresh sealant

Trying to avoid over use of the clay - don't want to rub the paint away ! but it's great on rubber streaks after trackdays :finger

Bit of Kalsse twin advice please :)

I clayed the car then applied 1 coat of polish then 2 coats of sealant a few weeks back - looked really good

The car has been washed 2 or 3 times since - nothing heavy just insect removal and a bit of clay around wheel arches to remove trackday rubber

Should I apply Klasse polish again or just keep building up the sealant layers ? when it does come time to polish (how do I know when ? ) should sealant be removed first ? if so how ?

TIA :)

I'd wash and apply another layer of SG :), I think AIO might 'help' remove all the previous layers but I'm still not quite sure about that.

You'll only need to polish if you've had introduced a few scratches, swirls or stonechips, then use some of that nasty TFR, polish and start all over again :(

Yes you've got it.

Damian, you are right, an application of AOI over SG will remove the SG.

On the acrylic front I am just about to start testing the Zaino system on my CSL next week :tu

Damian, you are right, an application of AOI over SG will remove the SG.

I just hope I don't pick up the wrong bottle :eek:

On the acrylic front I am just about to start testing the Zaino system on my CSL next week :tu

Brave man! Looks like a serious amount of work to do with that lot.

Have you tried that Polycharger with Klasse yet? I have to say I'm tempted :wall

Tell me more ?

Addictive isn't it :p

Basically it's some chemical 'stuff' that improves Klasse AIO and SG, you have to mix a certain amount of the stuff with Klasse and use it quickly, it sets solid or something. The finish and durability are supposed to be amazing (American forums) reading between the lines I think it gives Klasse Zaino type features.

My experience is it helps with the application, curing and removal. I've yet to see any benefits with durability benefits as I gave in an put the Divine on my CSL.

I will be doing a Victoria Wax detail tomorrow. I rate the wax as the best for under £50.

Monday I will be testing CarLack68 range on my CSL.

Then later in the week I will be trying the Zaino system as I believe is a true great with little UK penetration.

Tim at CYC and don't forget the PGT discount

My advice would be to wait until I have tried the Zaino stuff, I have a feeling it is going to be very good.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/polycharger-h20-wax-booster/prod_319.html

polycharger_h20.jpg

Then later in the week I will be trying the Zaino system as I believe is a true great with little UK penetration.

I'm still to be convinced, I've followed this for the last few years and it seems to be very fiddly in its application. If you get good results I'll get some ordered in the US, Julie can pick it up for me next month :)

What's the Zanio stuff - why so fiddly ?

Didn't know about PGT discount - ordered £60 of stuff from them a few weeks ago :(

Clive look in the business referral section as we don't want it in the public domain. Not the biggest discount but it does help.

Damian, its not that fiddly. I think the instruction could be clearer, but when you actually try it its straight forward for us intelligent types :tu

Back