Karting At Whilton Lock

Ken

Commando
Big thanks to Dave for supporting myself and my two boys at Whilton lock today.

Boy was it wet, it rained all morning then about lunch time it cleared up nicely but no sooner had Dave put the slicks on, it started raining again and carried on for the rest of the day. There were times when I was driving the Kart at 70 mph without being able to see much if anything in front. Karting in the wet brought a who new definition to the term understeer, I worked out the best solution when it was understeering like a pig was a load of throttle and provoke oversteer, needless to say there were lots of spins.

I love karting in the wet but it sure fucks up your nice race gloves+boots+helmet. I did a wet day at buckmore with finfast in club100. Brilliant. The waterproof suit was worth it too!

I love karting in the wet but it sure fucks up your nice race gloves+boots+helmet. I did a wet day at buckmore with finfast in club100. Brilliant. The waterproof suit was worth it too!

it is poxy!! Wet jocks too:mad: :mad:

It was seriously wet yesterday with lots of standing water on the circuit which made driving conditions very difficult all day.

Ken started off in a very sensible mode showing some caution for the conditions allowing him to get the feel of the kart but after a couple of sessions he quickly settled down and started to throw it about in a care free manner :D

Lots of spins both under braking and acceleration but by the end of the day there was some serious progress being made and the increased pace showed from the pitwall, didn't need a clock to tell you he was going a lot faster.

Driving all day in those conditions was probably worth at least 4 or 5 days in the dry for learning kart control and will put Ken in good stead for his first kart race next week.

It will be interesting to see how much ground Ken has caught up on the likes of Glenn and Clive next time out. :yeah:

It was Clive.........the karts really do move around in the wet :tu

Ken's older son really looked at home in the Junior kart, he took to the conditions like a duck to water if you excuse the pun bearing in mind how wet it was :D

Could be another karter in the making there as he's the right size and weight for class, just up to Ken to get him started :whistling: ;)

Back