Finally I got to do this....

Damon

King Kong
My own car!!!! :p

I decided to finally paint correct mine. Its seems wrong that I spend so much time getting other people's cars A1+ but have never had chance to do my own car :out

My car had swirls and water blade scratches from the previous care routines so I decided to sort these. I am also testing a new range of polishes so I incurred some severe marring to test the effectiveness of these (look at the scratches around the lights)

IMG_8214-vi.jpg

So on with the machine polisher and new polish

and a perfectly defect free finish

IMG_8208-vi.jpg

IMG_8210-vi.jpg

IMG_8216-vi.jpg

As some of you might remember I have discussed the differences in Carnauba and man-made acrylic finishes

http://www.puregt.com/Forum/upload/showthread.php?t=2354

And generally on light coloured cars I will finish a detail with an acrylic finish..

But when you have a £1500 tub of wax in your possession its only a matter of time before you try it on our own car ;)

So out with the Swissvax Divine

DivineBranded-vi.jpg

This wax is amazing. Apart from the stunning finish I am still raving about the longevity of the finish. Remember the F40 I did?

IMG_6799-vi.jpg

IMG_6836-vi.jpg

Well I couldn't believe the level of beading when I recently cleaned it...it was like I had just waxed it. So I fancied some of that longevity on my car.

So this is the afters....

IMG_8223-vi.jpg

IMG_8227-vi.jpg

IMG_8228-vi.jpg

So down to the pub for a well deserved pint. The light was better so I took a few more pics...

IMG_8231-vi.jpg

IMG_8234-vi.jpg

IMG_8235-vi.jpg

Then back home the light was low, good for car pics

IMG_8238-vi.jpg

dude...as usual, the finish is excellent.

good news! i now have in my posession a s4 avant in brilliant red ( replaced the X5 diesel before it bored me to death)..its a bit swirly, and i think cos it has supaguard on it, like the m5, it has made it appear worse..

i need some remedial paintwork magic asap please..

can you fit me in before you embark on world domination..i.e soon?

i hate swirly cars, especially when they are mine!!!!

let me know as soon as you can mate...this ones a cracker, just needs that 'finishing' touch so to speak.

I know Dave Bowerman, he is member of my professional detailers forum.

Good lad, owns his own Fezza 328

Yes he is not cheap, but good work.

But there are good competitors in the premier detailing profession ;)

Imight have to call you up. I hace used Swissol Saphie in the past (I know no where near as good as your stuff) but marvelous all the same. Got my Zed back from the dealers and its all swirlled in straight rather than circular lines! Really fecked off need to take pics as hiw valet swearing he doesnt use a blade. im not impressed and hoping theyll come out.

so does that put some value on your car with that wax on it? at 1500 a pot then a few mml of that on the car should add a few squids! :p

nice work and looking good. black CSLs look even better...

Back