Ferrari 599 GTO detailed and Ventureshield PPF

jk83

Boy Racer
Those of you following us on or will have already had a sneak peek of this beauty :)

The video can be seen here or double click it to open in youtube and change it to its full HD glory :)

[video=youtube;4-562LuLbhk&hd=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-562LuLbhk&hd=1[/video]

This car was in for a front end protection film with AMI. The bonnet, wings, bumper and sills were covered in Ventureshield film and the A pillers were covered in Ventureshield's new Matt protection film so as to maintain the Matt finish of the grey roof. Although many still are not a fan of Paint Protection Film (PPF), Nick and his team are still the best fitters I have encountered and the film is so glossy and clear its hard to notice it at all unless you get very very close. Far better than a lot of other installations I have seen and is why its the only PPF product and fitters I personally recommend.

I thought this picture of the rear arch showed how good the film is at maintaining the original colour, gloss and shine while providing much needed protection to expensive pain finishes

Ferrari599GTO-22.jpg

Anyway... we were called in to detail the car and make sure the unprotected paint was perfect.

First off the wheels were cleaned with Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner and agitated ith 1 brush for the wheel face and an EZ Detail Brush for the insides.

Ferrari599GTO-01.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-02.jpg
Ferrari599GTO-03.jpg

The car was then foamed with Valet Pro pH Neutral Show Foam and then rinsed.
If you cant fit a foam bottle to your pressure washer then this Foam Gun is very good and works on mains pressure.

Ferrari599GTO-41.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-04.jpg

Then a 2 bucket shampoo with Meguairs Shampoo Plus and a Meguairs MF Wash Mit

There was no contamination on the car so it was rinsed and dried and taken inside for polishing.

Being brand new it obviously wasn't in a terrible state although the bumper needed a fair bit of work.

Before
Ferrari599GTO-05.jpg

After
Ferrari599GTO-08.jpg

This was done with Menzerna 3.02 on a spot pad and refined with Menzerna 106FA.

Ferrari599GTO-06.jpg

There was also a few sanding marks still showing..

Before
Ferrari599GTO-09.jpg

After
Ferrari599GTO-10.jpg

Stuart in action..
Ferrari599GTO-14.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-15.jpg

Before
Ferrari599GTO-16.jpg

After
Ferrari599GTO-17.jpg

The black gloss section behind the matt roof was looking a bit sorry for itself so this was taped up well and polished with a spot pad

Before
Ferrari599GTO-18.jpg

After
Ferrari599GTO-19.jpg

The rest of the paint was no where near as bad as the bumper so this was polished with Menzerna 106FA on a 3m finishing pad

Slight scuff in the rear arch Before
Ferrari599GTO-20.jpg

After
Ferrari599GTO-21.jpg

This car had a grey matt roof so this was cleaned a waxed with Swissvax Opaque products.

Ferrari599GTO-13.jpg

The cleaner was sprayed on a buffed off and then the wax applied and left for a couple of minutes before buffing lightly. Wax applied to the far side of the roof in this pic.
Ferrari599GTO-11.jpg

The opaque products were also used on the matt carbon fiber diffuser, front splitter and sills.
Ferrari599GTO-23.jpg

The wheels were sealed with some Poorboy's Wheel Sealant
Ferrari599GTO-24.jpg

The car paint and PPF waxed with out £2230 pot of Vintage wax. Glass was treated with RainX. Tyres and arches dressed with Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care

Interior was vacuumed and dusted.

And now a few photos of the finished car.... enjoy..

Ferrari599GTO-25.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-26.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-27.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-28.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-29.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-30.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-31.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-32.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-33.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-34.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-35.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-36.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-37.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-38.jpg

Ferrari599GTO-39.jpg

[video=youtube;4-562LuLbhk&hd=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-562LuLbhk&hd=1[/video]

Thanks for looking.

Wow - that looks stunning; a real 'wet look'.

...and those brakes! Never seen discs slotted like that before!

Wow - that looks stunning; a real 'wet look'.

...and those brakes! Never seen discs slotted like that before!

Thats the covers over the discs.. like in F1.

Nathan how come no clay barring ? Car didnt need it ?

... also is it just me... but would anyone else buying a £300k car expect slightly better wheel weight placement?

Ferrari599GTO-30.jpg

Looks a bit messy!

Thats the covers over the discs.. like in F1.

Nathan how come no clay barring ? Car didnt need it ?

No... smooth as a babys bottom... Did a few test areas and the clay was coming up spotless... and with clay being very mildly abrasive I didn't want to put extra marks into the paint if it didn't have too.

They are aero covers (f1 technology). The regular ceramic discs are behind them

Ah, I see now. But in f1 presumably it's to keep ghe discs hot, as they run carbon discs not carbon-ceramic...

And i agree about the wheel weights; suggests the wheels haven't been dynamically balanced, as this would have determined where on the width of the rim the weight would be placed.

Ah, I see now. But in f1 presumably it's to keep ghe discs hot, as they run carbon discs not carbon-ceramic...

And i agree about the wheel weights; suggests the wheels haven't been dynamically balanced, as this would have determined where on the width of the rim the weight would be placed.

I thought in f1 it was more for aero? to make a smoother channel for the air to pass around the wheels?

My first thoughts too were... "why have they weighted on the outside of the rim" School boy error surely? Looks a bit Lionel (Messy)

My Scud is also weighted on the outside. it's made me feel much better seeing this GTO weighted the same way:D. Piss poor effort from Ferrari really though.:alright:

... also is it just me... but would anyone else buying a £300k car expect slightly better wheel weight placement?

Ferrari599GTO-30.jpg

Looks a bit messy!

Id expect my wheel to be roughly balanced to start with!!!

Thats a hell of a lot of weight on one side of the wheel, normally to hide a buckled wheel or something, Nice car though:D

Back